Around the Ranch - Pixs

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Cowgirl71: OMGoodness!
ep.gif
He is tough!! I couldn't do that!
th.gif
Wow -
ep.gif

Um, Buttercup was born last Winter...seems like. Her mother ( Betsy ) died just a few weeks after Buttercup was born. So she was bottle fed up until the point she could eat hay and sweet feed alright. Then a neighbor/friend gave us a calf that the mother wouldn't take so I was bottle feeding both of them then when Betsy died we found a Jersey Cow up in the Amarillo area and she came with 2 calves. They had 4 calves, 2 girls and 2 boys-we got both of the boys. I was feeding 4 calves every morning now -
roll.png
Then we gave 2 calves to a friend of ours and now we just have Buttercup and Tiny Tim. Buttercup was born last winter so maybe a year old?
hu.gif
Something like that.
hmm.png
Bessy was w/ a bull for 2 months - we're hopeing she is bred!
fl.gif
Does she look bred to you?
idunno.gif

I can't tell whether a cow's pregnant or not by looking at her until she's at least six months along. Did you ever see the bull "interested" in her? If you keep her with Tiny Tim (who I'm assuming is a steer, right?), he should be able to tell you if and when she goes in heat. When we bred our two milk cows this summer we just kept the Jersey bull in with them until we didn't see any signs of anyone going into heat for seven weeks straight. Then we quickly got rid of that onry cuss. Those dairy bulls and bucks are just so much more irritating and hyper than the beef/meat bulls/bucks.
hmm.png
But I would guess that Bessy's bred if she was with in with a bull for two months.
smile.png

I can't imagine driving for 26 hours straight either...
th.gif

I think Tiny Tim might be cut
hmm.png
I don't know ...
We think Bessy might be bred because her belly is kind of sagging in the middle..like there is a calf in there. We keep forgetting to Preg-Test her - that might help huh!
tongue.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I think Tiny Tim might be cut
hmm.png
I don't know ...
We think Bessy might be bred because her belly is kind of sagging in the middle..like there is a calf in there. We keep forgetting to Preg-Test her - that might help huh!
tongue.png

If she is pregnant, how far along would she be? Is she currently being milked/sucked on by calves, or is she dry?​

Quote:
If she is pregnant, how far along would she be? Is she currently being milked/sucked on by calves, or is she dry?

She had a bull w/ her in the Summer months...I'd have to look in my Diary
hmm.png
But yes, we're milking her every morning and she has 2 calves we put her with sometimes.

Fluffy what a beautiful ranch! And great birds and animals. Love the sunset, too! So glad you got to keep em'. But it looks like it's time to clean off those feeders in the rabbit hutch!

Quote:
Yep - I cleaned out the hutch as well.
smile.png

There was a little rooster in there that got his ___ moved to the chicken coop out at the barn - now he can crow all he wants!
smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

lovinlife: We live about 2 hours from Lubbock and about an hour and a half from Plainview. We live between Matador and Childress way out in the middle of nowhere!
big_smile.png

No kidding! There's just about nothing in between Matador and Childress! Where do you buy groceries? LOL! My experience in your neck of the woods: I went to the Bob Wills Festival in Turkey in the mid 90's...
wink.png
And we drove down 83 on our way home from Colorado so my husband could see Guthrie (his family has ties to the 4-6's way back when). Beautiful, open, quiet country. Love it.
smile.png

Quote:
No kidding! There's just about nothing in between Matador and Childress! Where do you buy groceries? LOL! My experience in your neck of the woods: I went to the Bob Wills Festival in Turkey in the mid 90's...
wink.png
And we drove down 83 on our way home from Colorado so my husband could see Guthrie (his family has ties to the 4-6's way back when). Beautiful, open, quiet country. Love it.
smile.png

We either go to Plainview or Lubbock. Plainview most of the time. My 3 brothers and oldest sister all play in the Bob Will's Festival
ep.gif

We go threw Guthrie it seems like -
tongue.png

I Love liv'in in the 'kuntry!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom