ASK ME!!

Before:

After:

After:

Roo got his beaked trimmed yesterday and my vet recommended adding cracked corn and a growing mash to his food. His food is placed in a deep dish bowl so he can put his whole beak in. He is doing much better!

Thank you for the pics

Your welcome! Do you have experience with roosters? I was petting my Easter Egger when Roo started to come over, so I called him, he crouched down made his neck bigger rushed over and pecked me. I immediately swatted him and said NO, I will not keep a mean rooster. This was the first time he has done this. I'm wondering if he is upset over going to the vet? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Your welcome! Do you have experience with roosters? I was petting my Easter Egger when Roo started to come over, so I called him, he crouched down made his neck bigger rushed over and pecked me. I immediately swatted him and said NO, I will not keep a mean rooster. This was the first time he has done this. I'm wondering if he is upset over going to the vet? Any thoughts?
I have some roo's they seem to get protective of the hens even when we are the ones touching them... some have learned to accept it some never do.

H
Hopefully you wont have anymore problems from him

He seemed fine this am, I'm going out to the coop soon to put them up for the night. The usual routine is I crouch down and pet all 9 of them, I can't pet the guinea hens. I also routinely pick up Roo and the other 3 young ones just to acclimate them. :).

Ok another question: Are holly bushes poisonous to chickens? I am thinking of getting a few.

I'm trying to figure out what breed or breed mixes my chicks are. Confirming that my hens are hens would be nice too. Would you mind taking a look and telling me what you think? Thanks.

BTW, we'll be adding some hens soon so thank you, also, for the answers about integrating flocks.

Uncle Virginia (a frizzled something or other)

Merica (cool hair doo)

Penelope (has yellow legs with feathers ... plays mama hen role)

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom