ASK ME!!

If I may ask one more. What is your preference? A roof on the run or just a hardware cloth top? (Run will be attached to coop on a short side.) Thanks

I'm trying to figure out what breed or breed mixes my chicks are. Confirming that my hens are hens would be nice too. Would you mind taking a look and telling me what you think? Thanks.

BTW, we'll be adding some hens soon so thank you, also, for the answers about integrating flocks.

Uncle Virginia (a frizzled something or other)

Merica (cool hair doo)

Penelope (has yellow legs with feathers ... plays mama hen role)

Thanks again.
Uncle Virginia is a roo for sure... Im sorry i cant tell u the breed for sure but i believe the people who are answering your threads are doing a good job at guessing but if i said one breed or another i would just be guessing too... they really too young to tell

Your welcome! Do you have experience with roosters? I was petting my Easter Egger when Roo started to come over, so I called him, he crouched down made his neck bigger rushed over and pecked me. I immediately swatted him and said NO, I will not keep a mean rooster. This was the first time he has done this. I'm wondering if he is upset over going to the vet? Any thoughts?
so just wanted to check in and see how the roo is doing?

so just wanted to check in and see how the roo is doing?

Roo is doing great! Thank you for asking! He hasn't run over and pecked me again. Phew! :). He is eating/drinking good and starting to crow, though we think he sounds like a broken party hon. Lol.

Do you know if Hollyberry Tree/Bushes are poisonous to chickens? I've read a few threads here but didn't find a concrete answer.

Roo is doing great! Thank you for asking! He hasn't run over and pecked me again. Phew!
smile.png
. He is eating/drinking good and starting to crow, though we think he sounds like a broken party hon. Lol.
thats great I just wanted to check in a make sure

Are you still taking questions? First time chick raiser here. Advice on determining if my Rhode Island Red is a hen or Rooster? We have two, and are concerned both may be male. Happy to post more pics if it would help. Here is one of the chcks, about 12 weeks. Advice and opinion is appreciated!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom