Asked to be in the national newspaper to tell about ducks

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
So anyway;

It's carona. They can't get over. I have many high resolution pictures of my ducks; and me with ducks. Since they requested that too, since I'm unvoluntairy became the get-go-to something something about ducks. It has possibly to do with that I voluntairy have this website to inform people about caring for ducks the right way that only costs me money; and I just genuinly do it for the ducks.. Even though I get blocked here often about "downing peoples feelings and their ducks feelings" (which can't read by the way) surrounding crested ducks or keeping ducks in diapers and what peoples opinions about that are...but I want to give a more broad perspective of ducks.

I want to take this opportunity to tell people the joy of owning ducks and where to look to find good bred ducks so the ducks ánd owner are more happy. Since I'm over here talking to duck people about how crested gene/ducks in diapers is might be animal abuse.. I'm not going to bother duck-enthousiast/new owners about that! I expect more from duck-owners; duck forum moderators; my fault. I have learne my lesson now to never talk about that subject ever again. Well; after this message. But new people; they still need to beinformed just about the basics; caring the best they can for ducks. No matter if they are crested or in diapers. Most basic duck-needs are needed to be told.

I just want to give a happy article about the joys of owning ducks and end it with a tip for where to find the right breeders that hold the health and happiness of ducks in high regards (the national waterfowl society had a list for that, you have to audition and such to be on it). I'm kinda done with questions from the animal police about dumped ducks because someone thought they were fun in a moment, some bad breeder selled them a duckling and it ended up in the street/marsh wherever because noone told them they could reach the age of 15 years/they grew up and were less cute on instagram pictures.

I just want to inform in positive way. How ducks are (in comparison with chickens; everyone always wants to know that, next to if they lay eggs and if you can eat them...), how much joy it can give, and where to buy "good ones" as a small end for those who after the article are interested in purchasing.

I am in need though of good dpi pictures of other ducks. I only have runners. And I want to try to speak about ducks in general. Does anyone has one I could use? I am afraid credit under the picture is not an option.

Thank you very much

Hi loop end glad you are back!

Me too! Glad you are glad!

I lied though in the opening. I did not learn my lesson. Just said what was expected of me. Oops!

Back to the ducks;

People that do not own ducks; they do not know much about ducks. So I think pictures of mandarin ducks or tree-ducks are a bit wild. These people just think ducks are these ducks in the ponds they are feeding bread (wild ducks). So I need a good picture of a more common duck-breed. Barbarian ducks are a big thing here too; but they are different then all other species of ducks and I do not want "not-knowing about ducks" people to give the impression these ducks are just like your ol wild ducks ( Anas platyrhynchos, 99% of ducks people ever see here).

So I guess pictures are needed of some easier breeds? Most close to what people think about ducks; when they think about ducks.. cayuga? But not so un-obtainable like the german pekin duck. Allthough in the name its a neigbouring country they are not available for starters. Allthough the callduck is ever so popular here; I do not think it is a good breed to present for people that kinda wanted chickens due to whats in their name.

Any ideas?

Here are some pictures of my ducks, maybe some of them will be good? They are all common breeds. If you decide to use any of them, feel free to edit them however you want.

From left to right the breeds are: White layer, Golden 300, Black Swedish, Golden 300, Blue Swedish, and Cayuga. The ducks in the other pictures are the same ducks.
A1E9AF44-6756-43E8-AE94-EC80FF4D75AE.jpeg

B934AB82-0BB7-4215-88C6-70C702506BB6.jpeg
0ED50F39-B82F-4459-9825-CF557366554D.jpeg
BCA34A13-F66E-4BC2-A0BF-AAAD4DA361CB.jpeg

And the ducks as ducklings...

First bath
4B8F0333-790A-47A7-8A86-4DB1E6243D6E.jpeg

After coming home from the post office
A06247F1-51F8-47BD-95EF-00B3CA999727.jpeg

Attachments

• E06FAAAC-9E13-416A-89EF-36B7C6B58C4C.jpeg
    E06FAAAC-9E13-416A-89EF-36B7C6B58C4C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • E06FAAAC-9E13-416A-89EF-36B7C6B58C4C.jpeg
    E06FAAAC-9E13-416A-89EF-36B7C6B58C4C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Here are some pictures of my ducks, maybe some of them will be good? They are all common breeds. If you decide to use any of them, feel free to edit them however you want.

From left to right the breeds are: White layer, Golden 300, Black Swedish, Golden 300, Blue Swedish, and Cayuga. The ducks in the other pictures are the same ducks.
View attachment 2395864

View attachment 2395868
View attachment 2395872
View attachment 2395876

First bath
View attachment 2395871

View attachment 2395877
This has to be photoshopped. The pool is too clean.

View attachment 2395864

View attachment 2395868
View attachment 2395872
View attachment 2395876

First bath
View attachment 2395871

View attachment 2395877

They are. Not using the duckling ones though. You know how not-so-smart-spontanious people get when seeing ducklings. It's almost carona easter. I think. I don't know anymore when holidays are due to carona. =/
But anyway no ducklings!
Those happy swedish/cayuga are perfect! A good immage of having happy adult ducks. And that you need one of those what we call "children play shells". Perfect! Good healthy happy looking ducks! Thank you!

Here are some other duck photos if you are interested. I have several breeds and some muscovy, which are not what people typically think about.

They are stunning! Wow! I am afraid the national newspaper would not do this justice :') They have quite low standards nowadays (why do you think I am asked :p ) . These suite a more serious professional setting. And the printing pdi is way low. You have pro skills. These go more towards the national best bird pic then a radom lazy journalist thinking people want to hear something about ducks.
I'm sorry to tell you. But you are to good :')

I and my local ducks and my national duck organisation and my local duck organisation might get a lot of out of this publicity. But you have to aim for higher.

They are stunning! Wow! I am afraid the national newspaper would not do this justice :') They have quite low standards nowadays (why do you think I am asked :p ) . These suite a more serious professional setting. And the printing pdi is way low. You have pro skills. These go more towards the national best bird pic then a radom lazy journalist thinking people want to hear something about ducks.
I'm sorry to tell you. But you are to good :')

I and my local ducks and my national duck organisation and my local duck organisation might get a lot of out of this publicity. But you have to aim for higher.
Thank you. Photography is only a hobby for me. I take photos of my ducks for fun. My only plans was to put some nice ducky photos on my wall.

This topic can be closed. I ruined it towards the journalists because I actually know things about ducks. They informered they chose for 'Brenda" that has ducks/geese unringed and she does not even know anything about them ( I know her) but can just talk about "ducks jaaaaay". They go for an article where a dim-wit talkes about how fun, fun, fun ducks are. Thank you for your help. F the national newspaper. I even told them if you want to know about bread; you go to the baker, why do you go to people that like "heehe idk I eat bread everyday at work with jam or jelly on it I like bread heehee" =/

Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom