Assisted Hatch Questions

Nemesis Prime

Chirping
Apr 17, 2024
A friend of mine is hatching eggs for the first time and asked for my help. They pipped yesterday morning and have not zipped since, two are yawning and the third (first pip) is not yawning or moving. They are all malpositioned and I think they will need assistance. I'm just not sure about the veins, I know right now they're okay since the veins have not completely receded, but I'm wondering when they're receded enough what they will look like? When will I know for sure that it's safe to open them up?

STOP there should be no bleeding.
I didn't keep going, the whole mouth was blocked by a thick leathery membrane and pieces of shell making it hard to tell if the baby was alive. The blood I was talking about was very minimal it stopped bleeding immediately, and only because I made a small opening for the baby to breathe. The blood also seems super thick and sludgey, not runny or bright red.

I didn't keep going, the whole mouth was blocked by a thick leathery membrane and pieces of shell making it hard to tell if the baby was alive. The blood I was talking about was very minimal it stopped bleeding immediately, and only because I made a small opening for the baby to breathe. The blood also seems super thick and sludgey, not runny or bright red.
The pip only needs to break the shell and membrane for them to breath.

The pip only needs to break the shell and membrane for them to breath.
Yes but not for me to tell if it's dead or alive. Like I said, they're all malpositions and will likely need help so I'm keeping an eye on wether or not they're yawning or even just breathing. This baby was taking shallow breaths and it's mouth was stuck

Back
Top Bottom