Attack of the seagulls! (pics)

Thank you! I love hearing feedback on my photos. I would love to enter them in a photography contest once I get a little better. I've been practicing a lot and learning from my uncle, who is really good at photography. I also went to a seminar and learned quite a bit! I still have soooo much to learn though.

I've entered many a 4-H photography show, but our county never had true photography judges. My last year in 4-H was this past one, so I will enter the open show next year. I'm really looking forward to choosing my photos!

Sure! I bought an Olympus SP560 UZ with an 18X optical zoom. It normally costs about $399 and the memory cards run about $40. It's a nice piece of equipment for the cost, and it will last a long time. I like it because I can do quite a bit of learning on it, without outgrowing it any time soon. It also has image stabalization and that is GREAT for taking zoomed in photos.

I believe there is also an 18X zoom Nikon on the market, but I liked the feel of the Olympus much better. It just feels a whole lot more solid, but the nikon did take better pictures in the dark. The olympus doesn't automatically adjust the ISO, but it can be done manually.

Quote:
Hmmmm, I need to go camera shopping!
big_smile.png
Thanks!

Quote:
The thing that makes a good photographer is your eye. You definetley have that, so don't be so hard on yourself. Enter your pictures in contests. I was in my second photography class (so I was still a beginner) and I won honorable mention in the first contest I entered. I didn't win the $2000 scholarship, but it was exciting to see my picture in the book.

Back
Top Bottom