Attention Boston Terrier Owners!!

Bring

Songster
10 Years
Jul 16, 2009
New Mexico
I know there are at least three Boston Terrier owners on BYC. I was currious if your Bostons ever chase or try to eat any of your Chickens or ducks or whatever. I have a Boston terrier named Mickey and she has always, and still is, so sweet to our little critters. She's been around cockatiels, guinea pigs, goats, chickens and a hamster without any worry about her trying to make a snack out of them. I guess what I'm wondering is if it's just her or if it's the breed.

I have a boston and he is so sweet to all my animals. We have about 40 or more chickens, 2 ducks, a kitten. Bosco is good with all of them. He has "chased" the chickens, but never tryed to hurt them, just run and play chase.

No. My Boston has passed, but he didn't care much about my birds - even in college when I would let my lovebirds fly around. He'd sniff them out of curiosity, but never attacked them. I still would never leave him alone with them.

I have a boston terrier and he's the biggest chicken killer you'll ever meet
hmm.png
roll.png
He's made meals of several over the last couple of years.
He **really** wants to eat my rabbits, too. Little turd
somad.gif
rant.gif

My sister in laws boston will try to kill which ever bird he thinks he can reach, budgie, cockateil,m macaws chickens ducks youname it.
last time he came not only did he get swatted for trying to kill my babys in the brooder but got tossed from visiting for trying to kill my 7 month old malamute who is 3 times the size of the boston terrorist.

Must depend on if they got that prey drive or not. Mine has none, zero, zilch! He loves chicks, has never chased anything, not cats, ducks, chickens, nothing. He likes to smell them, eat poop, you know, the good stuff, but has never even tried to chase them, let alone hurt anything. Total marshmellow, this one!
wink.png

Here is a pic taken in June by my son for 4-H, this is Astro the boston and Spike, my son's bunny. Astro couldn't care less about Spike, he just wanted to get to us, so we had to put him on a tie out to get him to sit still for the pic!

DSC_0556.jpg

Last edited:
So Cute!! that's how my Mickey is, except when it comes to other dogs. She's a big dog agressive but little critters she just wants to smell them. She avoids my goats because they stare at her.

My daughter has one, and he is the sweetest thing, but is also the biggest bully I have ever seen in such a little guy. He loves people but I think he would need to be watched around other fowl and such. I think just about any breed that is use to being around any and all critters become accustomed to them from their puppy days. . .but then on the other hand, you see where someone has a wonderful gentle dog that wants to eat anything with a feather. I LOVE Boston Terriers though, would love one of my own.

I have two boston terriors just got home tooo 13 chickens dead witg there neck bit out im sooo bothered by this
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62a.png
1f625.png
1f613.png
1f629.png
1f62b.png

I have 2 Boston "Terrorists" and 1 is completely fine around all other animals, including all my poultry, while the other one is not. My younger one has actually killed a couple of my chickens that have gotten into the backyard with her. She is a hunter though and kills birds and any gophers that come into the yard. I had another female for 8 years, and she loved the chickens and loved to play "momma hen" to new babies.

Back
Top Bottom