Attn All New Members ... Look Here Now!!!!!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
It would do all of the new members who are very new to chickens to get a copy of Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens or another book similar. If you can't buy it go to the library and checkout a copy.

It would also be helpful if newer members would use the search function for some of the answers to questions currently being posted. In the past 3 days I have noted numerous threads on the exact same topics with all the exact same answers.

All of the information on chicks/chickens/eggs can be found in detail without the need to repeatedly post tidbits of info in so many threads.

Please buy a book and do some research then come here and ask more questions to better help your understand chickens and their nature.

You might also want to look at the FAQ and glean info from there.

I am not trying to be rude or 'mean' as some have called me but it really starts to burn people out to rehash the same questions in several threads repeatedly in the same day.

Please help us better help you by doing just a bit of work on your own. If you have a question in a thread on BYC make sure you include the link the info came from so we can reference the material and clarify information for you.

Thanks!

Thanks for the book info...I know I will be getting one
wink.png
I know I am prob guilty of asking many of the same questions over again. My apologies...i hope I didn't annoy others here on the board
sad.png
I will start using the search page...thanks for that info too
smile.png
I didn't even think about using the search for questions I may have
smack.gif

Thanks for recommending another book, dichotomymom. There are so many out there filled with good info that is easily referneced.

I am pretty sure I am guilty of this at a few times so I appologize for that. :| I think in this computer age most people want answers at their finger tips.
roll.png

Newbies, don't feel guilty... we've all been there. We want answers NOW! But, with over 9000 members, your questions can be buried fast and get no answers. So, if you do a search first, it will help keep down some of the posts! But, if you are stumped, don't hesitate to ask questions..

I'd like to suggest, as well, that when we start threads that we try to put important words in the subject so that when someone does a search for the information, and lots of topics come up, it is easier for the searcher to determine which ones would be useful.

Just for example, "I need some help" wouldn't track as well as "brooder temperature help needed".

And, mods, please correct me if this is inappropriate.

Susan

I'd like to suggest, as well, that when we start threads that we try to put important words in the subject so that when someone does a search for the information, and lots of topics come up, it is easier for the searcher to determine which ones would be useful.

Just for example, "I need some help" wouldn't track as well as "brooder temperature help needed".

THIS would be VERY helpful because during a read marathon I was having today I ran into something very helpful to me on accident but when I tried to search for it in a way that I would have thought to search for it...it didn't show up until 7 pages down the line...it's very time consuming to read through seven whole pages when your trying to find the answer to ONE particular thing. THanks for suggesting this!!​

Thanks! I will be looking for this book! There are so many out there that it's sometimes hard to know where to start and which ones have good info and which one's don't.

Back
Top Bottom