ATTN: Silkie Gurus! Help me sex these 4 please

Well @LadiesAndJane was correct! I have four ladies and four roosters. Question for those who understand genetics: Which of my roosters should I keep to have the most color variations of chicks?

Pullets:
Splash
Gray (?)
Partridge
Blue
View attachment 2856694

Roos:
White
Gray
Black (2)
View attachment 2856695
Well I did have a 50-50 chance!🤣
Your birds are just gorgeous.😍 Personally I would use the blue or the white male, can you only keep one?

Well I did have a 50-50 chance!🤣
Your birds are just gorgeous.😍 Personally I would use the blue or the white male, can you only keep one?

Ha! True. the white and gray are hatch mates and get along great for the most part currently. Any idea if that will change once introduced to the ladies? I’m assuming I’d have to worry about over breeding if I have a 2 to 4 ratio?

Ha! True. the white and gray are hatch mates and get along great for the most part currently. Any idea if that will change once introduced to the ladies? I’m assuming I’d have to worry about over breeding if I have a 2 to 4 ratio?
Yes, they can overmate the girls and fight over them. You can also keep the boys together and just put them in with the girls when you want fertile eggs.
Or you get get more silkies!🤣🥰

Yes, they can overmate the girls and fight over them. You can also keep the boys together and just put them in with the girls when you want fertile eggs.
Or you get get more silkies!🤣🥰
More silkies is always the answer! 🤣 Does this pullet look “blue” to you? Or is she a different color? I believe the roo I thought was “gray” is actually “blue” and they look nothing alike

83F785B0-A24C-4B24-852E-2B2DA31E0606.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom