AUCTION - 6+ BLUE Barred Rock *PROJECT* Eggs

SparkyCrows

Songster
9 Years
Dec 28, 2010
Kansas
This listing is for 6+ BLUE Barred Plymouth Rock *project* hatching eggs.
~*~ Bidding Starts at $12 plus $15 shipping ~*~
Auction Ends 1PM July 5, 2012
I started my blue barred rock project from scratch 4 generations ago with help from ChooksChick and her BeakHouse magic. As the title indicates, these are PROJECT birds and hatched chicks are not yet consistent with the standards of perfection for barred plymouth rocks.

Blue is a beautiful but challenging color and barring is a sex-linked trait. At this point I have 3rd generation roosters over black barred hens AND a black barred rooster over 3rd generation hens. The pictures show several of 6 month old 3rd generation birds- they've still got some bulking up to do but I LOVE their barring.

Blue Barred Rock Project Photo Album

Plymouth Rock hens are sweet lap dogs and consistently lay large brown eggs. My oldest hen, Barbie, is now 5 years old and still lays every day! The roosters are showy and provide excellent security detail for free range flocks. They also dress out for a nice Sunday dinner.

What's with the +?:)
I always add a few eggs to each package but I never know for sure what it will be. Could be more of the same, could be something else very cool. In any case, anything extra in the box is separate from the listing. I hope my gift delights you. :)

I pack with survivability in mind but cannot guarantee hatching success because there are so many variable beyond my control. I recommend having your package held at the post office for pickup. I cannot ship to Hawaii or outside the United States.

~*~ ~*~
~*~ ~*~
~*~ ~*~
~*~ ~*~
~*~ ~*~

Back
Top Bottom