Auction in Graceville, Florida

Maryallison77

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Fountain, Florida
Just thought I'd post here and tell about my wonderful time at the auction in Graceville. I heard about the place from another BYC member. I had never been to a animal auction before and being the animals lover I am LOVED it!
tongue.png
There were calfs, goats, chickens, parekeets. I was determined to bid on something & I did!
cool.png
I bid and won day old chicks!
big_smile.png
They are very cute! We are clueless on what they are, but we love them!
tongue.png
We will be posting pics soon and maybe ya'll can help us figure out what they are. Like I had said I have never been to a auction before so I was just excited to bid and at 1st I didn't realize I was bidding on all 30 chicks--haha! I surely didn't need that many! I was outbid and the other person only wanted 1 chick so I was given the option to get as many as I wanted and I said I wanted 5. My husband picked them out and he had to carry them away in his hands (imagine if I would have got all 30-haha, he would have had them all in his shirt!) We have 16 other chickens and have done the whole brooder thing before. I am excited to get to know my new chickies!!!
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

Glad you have a good time. I love auctions. Not all of them are nice but it sounds like the one you went to was fun. I wish I was in Florida now, I'm freezing. I hate PA. Have fun with the chicks and I can't wait to see the chick pics.

Hi MaryAllison,..

Where is Graceville and or Fountain for that matter??

Im in Jacksonville (when I'm home that is - currenlty deployed)..

I have never been to a poultry auction either and can't wait to go to my first one. They have them weekly in Jacksonville..

Athena

where was the animal action in graceville? Do you have a link or there contact information for the thursday night auctions?

Quote:
Graceville is up above Panama City up near the Alabama line. Fountain is near Panama City itself. Both are in the upper panhandle area.
sharon

Back
Top Bottom