August 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
This keet hatched from a rare egg lately that had no label :eek: — just a penciled outline of the formerly undeveloped portion at the tip (which obviously darkened in the days prior to hatch).
IMG_5099.jpeg

My 3rd seemingly pearl-gray hatch in a row! Funny how it took this long to get through the pied & lavender hatches.
Something like 5 eggs left in the Brinsea from my nest-clearing in July; next anticipated hatch is nicknamed “MayB” probably from 1st candling but it definitely has a youngster inside!

I locked down yesterday after work....
(A bit early technically)

The air cells, I am not sure are what they need to be...there wasn't much obvious sliding to one side or the other....

We shall see....

There's still movement in the twin egg...
there are so many times mine don't draw down until day 19 or close to day 19 and mine hatch on day 20. I have stopped stressing about that. this time on day 17 when I took the turner out there were some that were already starting to draw down which NEVER happens! and they still hatched on day 20, a couple were on day 19 though so maybe it was those ones.

there are so many times mine don't draw down until day 19 or close to day 19 and mine hatch on day 20. I have stopped stressing about that. this time on day 17 when I took the turner out there were some that were already starting to draw down which NEVER happens! and they still hatched on day 20, a couple were on day 19 though so maybe it was those ones.
This gives me some hope thank you!!!

I candled today because one I looked at yesterday I was unsure about. I did toss that one. I have 4 now of 6, 3 in aircell, the fourth one looks questionable. Maybe 3 coming.

I did order some from Meyer just so I don't just end up with 2 or 3 lonely chicks. I ordered. a female SS, welsummer, BO, and a frizzle, a MM, and 11 frypan bargains.

Back
Top Bottom