Australorps breed Thread

OK here you go, a picture of spring this morning here in NW Vermont I would find a reason to drive to Kurt's were I you. According to Google it is about 3.5 hours. Cheaper and a lot easier on the chicks than shipping.
I have considered. Maybe my husband will get tired of me talking about it. I was considering the Blues for him more than I. He loves that color of plumage. But this year was already promised to a few other breeds that we can actually improve on. We only have 2 black female Australorps. Someone gave us a what they thought was a rooster, and it was a pullet. We searched for months after noticing that our little guy was losing his boyish ways and look. We did not find any that we would want to pay for. The cockerel and rooster that we had found were relatively small or odd looking. Other than that it seems that we lack these black beauties in our area. Some people had never heard of the breed. (This was very shocking to me. My grandparents even kept this breed, but theirs got mixed with other black birds and weren't pure by the 90s.) As of now, I still working on my husband to allow us to get some eggs from Kurt. I think 2doz is a good deal. On the 13th I will be in Baltimore with hours to spare.

Hey Farmerchick come and get some. Do you want eggs, chicks, spare cockerels? You know how to get me.
You are about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs away.
Kurt

Would you ship? Sorry to borrow this post, but also looking for purebred Large Fowl Black Austrolorp roos (up to 3), and new to using this, so not having much luck. Would prefer juveniles to a year old and all about the same age.

Back
Top Bottom