Australorps breed Thread

Someone a while back asked me to post pics of McMurray hatchery BAs.

These are 1 year old in ten days. As I said previously, they are not show birds but they are great layers. I wish I could have gotten a better pic to show the Green sheen in feathers.

I picked up some eggs from Matt1616 are few weeks ago, those are hatching out today. Hope to improve our flock a little.

You'd be better working with Matt's BA's than trying to breed into hatchery stock and making improvement. Just my opinion!

Dan

You'd be better working with Matt's BA's than trying to breed into hatchery stock and making improvement. Just my opinion!

Dan

Yes, keep your hatchery birds for eating eggs and keep Matt's BAs pure, especially if you want to breed or show. Even one generation of breeding siblings will be better than breeding to hatchery birds.

Yes, keep your hatchery birds for eating eggs and keep Matt's BAs pure, especially if you want to breed or show. Even one generation of breeding siblings will be better than breeding to hatchery birds.
If I may interject....there is absolutely nothing wrong with breeding siblings, cockerels to their dams, Cocks to their daughters...If the breeder knows his/her stock and knows the purpose of the breeding...not just to produce more chicks.

Someone a while back asked me to post pics of McMurray hatchery BAs.

These are 1 year old in ten days. As I said previously, they are not show birds but they are great layers. I wish I could have gotten a better pic to show the Green sheen in feathers.

I picked up some eggs from Matt1616 are few weeks ago, those are hatching out today. Hope to improve our flock a little.
I like how your chickens like a assembly line + in your avatar .
Sounds like a good plan

Not sure if I will get into showing unless my Granddaughter wants to, She is chicken crazy, LOL. We are planning to attend a couple of shows to see how things work.

Back
Top Bottom