Australorps breed Thread

Here are some pictures. (Hopefully)

this is a picture of one of them with the comb showing

the next couple are of the one chic that doesn't have a comb showing yet, or is atleast smaller than the other three

Here are some pictures. (Hopefully)

this is a picture of one of them with the comb showing

the next couple are of the one chic that doesn't have a comb showing yet, or is atleast smaller than the other three

Yes I would definitely say that you have three cockerels & one pullet.... Sorry.But they look just like mine (at their age) and my guesses were all correct.

Yes I would definitely say that you have three cockerels & one pullet.... Sorry.But they look just like mine (at their age) and my guesses were all correct.
Well that's strange as that means I've got all roosters and they were sexed at being pullets when I bought my 6. Which are now at 3 weeks mine have about the same amount of comb.

I wonder if Australorps gain their combs and they pink up early in the girls. I have a gray frizzle who I swear is a girl due to her leg girth. Others have agreed but one mentions something about the comb size and color so early on (2 months). Her sister, same age, has absolutely no sign of a comb but she is a very different breed...a crested cochin mix I believe. Actually all my birds are mixes of some sort. Here is their pic so you can see what others commented on regarding the comb on the gray one.

Im not sure if these pics show it or not. I had Australorp frizzle male who I took a lot of pictures of and at this age his comb was wider than Rocky's and for sure his leg girth was much larger and even his feet much larger. Maybe comb color and size is not a good sex determinant of this breed.

JMay,
If your birds are 4 to 5 weeks old, and judging from your pics you have 3 cockerels and 1 pullet. Sorry. In a couple more weeks the cockerels will turn pinkish red and grow wattles. The pullet will have a much smaller comb and be a yellowish color for a while.

Lobzi,
I have never seen or heard of a purebred Australorp frizzle. Pullets never pink up earlier than cockerels. When you mix different breeds of birds then all bets are off and you can never tell, hence the Standard of Perefection was created. If you love your birds and treat them right then go for it.
Kurt

JMay,
If your birds are 4 to 5 weeks old, and judging from your pics you have 3 cockerels and 1 pullet. Sorry. In a couple more weeks the cockerels will turn pinkish red and grow wattles. The pullet will have a much smaller comb and be a yellowish color for a while.

Lobzi,
I have never seen or heard of a purebred Australorp frizzle. Pullets never pink up earlier than cockerels. When you mix different breeds of birds then all bets are off and you can never tell, hence the Standard of Perefection was created. If you love your birds and treat them right then go for it.
Kurt
None of my birds are pure. My pics show just two different birds, one is a reflection in a mirror and the last pic is of the gray one alone in an attempt to show its comb. They are about two months and still think both are girls. The frizzle genetics came into my flock on a little australorp baby, the one in the avatar. He is no longer with me as he died a few years ago.

I just put eggs up on BST if anyone is interested.
Kurt SOLD SORRY
That was quick ! Mission Accomplished !
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom