Australorps breed Thread

pop.gif
Which Hatchery?
All Hatcheries.

Oh wait....

pop.gif
Which Hatchery?
Ron, I don't want to appear to be a 'shill' for any hatchery so I will not mention their name.
which breeds?
RIR, Australorp, Chantecler, Dominique, and a few others.
My 9 pullets are showline from Gilbert's here in IL. They are currently laying 4 dz eggs a week. IMO that is pretty good egg production for a Heritage show line. At least it is very acceptable to me. Getting ready to setup my breeding pens and I have one Tigercreek Roo that will be going into one pen. Exciting time.

Dan
Yes Dan, that should be 'acceptable' for anyone...lol Congrats!

My 9 pullets are showline from Gilbert's here in IL. They are currently laying 4 dz eggs a week. IMO that is pretty good egg production for a Heritage show line. At least it is very acceptable to me. Getting ready to setup my breeding pens and I have one Tigercreek Roo that will be going into one pen. Exciting time.

Dan
Hi Dan,
you have fed those pullets for a while now, how many from that group from Gilbert did you cull already?
John

Hi Dan,
you have fed those pullets for a while now, how many from that group from Gilbert did you cull already?
John

John, Honestly they are all pretty consistent. I have my favorite 6 I will use in my breeding pens, but I have been Very Very satisfied with these chicks from start til now. I have 3 roos out of those that are pretty nice looking. My favorite is probably the least aggressive so I am hoping he will get the job done in the breeding pen. I guess time will tell.

I had 20 chicks to start with and raised them all! I have 12 left now, a few of the cockerels went to freezer camp.

I also have the young roo I hatched from eggs that came from the birds Stan had at Tigercreek. He looks really good, but comb may have an extra point or 2. Body structure is Nice IMO.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom