Australorps breed Thread

Here is my Australorp pullet Sweetie!
She's 5 weeks old.

Do you like her?

Hello. Sweetie is adorable!
Australorps are suppose to have black beaks not yellow ones. Is she a mix breed or something?
Can't wait to see her grown up at any rate. Very cute.
Have fun! ~Dee~

Quote: my little girls which are now a week or two older than sweetie have the same little multicolored faces/beaks and mine are definitely pure Aussie. Don't worry, she'll have her pretty black face soon! She is very pretty BTW
love.gif

Last edited:
I have wondered about the beaks in my Australorps as well. Now I know. They are my first Australorps and it sems like their legs turned all black almost overnight. I have some Austra-Whites too (Australorp Rooster with Leghorn Hen) and I was concerned that their legs didn't look like the pictures I had seen, then it seems that almost overnight their legs turned black too. That is very interesting to see, an almost all-white bird with dark black legs.

my little girls which are now a week or two older than sweetie have the same little multicolored faces/beaks and mine are definitely pure Aussie. Don't worry, she'll have her pretty black face soon! She is very pretty BTW
love.gif
Australorps really change a lot from chick to Adult.

The Beak will turn black and the face will turn red around the eyes.

my little girls which are now a week or two older than sweetie have the same little multicolored faces/beaks and mine are definitely pure Aussie. Don't worry, she'll have her pretty black face soon! She is very pretty BTW
love.gif
I was worried when she was younger and she had yellow legs but they turned black and so I thought she would probably have a black beak eventually too.

Back
Top Bottom