Australorps breed Thread

This is my Australorp that I'm hoping is a pullet. I ordered a pullet, but wanted to make sure she's actually a pullet.
She's almost 8 weeks and acts like a pullet and has a smaller comb then my sex link pullets and my RIR roos that I'm trying to get rid of.

Thanks!
Yes, that is a pullet.

Post again at 16 weeks old.

like Ron said (of course
wink.png
) Looks exactly like my girls do that will be 9 wks tomorrow. Nice young lady
cool.png

BTW Ron - thanks again. I love my Cackle Hatchery girls
love.gif

Last edited:
These are the second group I hatched, and they are now 9 1/2 weeks old. Two pullets, and one cockerel.

The two pullets

The cockerel, and a pullet

One of the pullets

Hello all, too many pages on this thread to read entirely in one day. Anyway, I have a 9 month old Black Australorp and just recently she just started hissing and getting real puffy when ever anyone would approach her. I have what I think thoroughly have checked her for mites, lice, fleas or something that could cause her to do this. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be going on? I have noticed that she prefers to lay in the very late evening. She will even stay in the nest box for a very long time. But she eventually gets out.
Your pullet is defintely going broody which means she wants to hatch her own eggs. If you leave the eggs under her she may go full term and hatch them. There are all kinds of ways to break her, just do a little research on BYC, some work and some do not.
Kurt

Hello! I have a flock of Black & Blue English Orpingtons and a couple Aussie hens. My Blue Orp roo had a chick with a BA hen, so I got a Black English Australorpington pullet. =) The English Orpington genetics handed down a lot of the type, but The pullet, "Inky", is still black with big eyes... works pretty well! I can't wait to see how she lays. She a pretty large pullet as she is now, so I'll bet she matures a lot closer to this type:
fl.gif

Hello! I have a flock of Black & Blue English Orpingtons and a couple Aussie hens. My Blue Orp roo had a chick with a BA hen, so I got a Black English Australorpington pullet. =) The English Orpington genetics handed down a lot of the type, but The pullet, "Inky", is still black with big eyes... works pretty well! I can't wait to see how she lays. She a pretty large pullet as she is now, so I'll bet she matures a lot closer to this type:
fl.gif
Very pretty!

The pic of the hen above I posted isn't actually mine, to be clear...but she is what I want mine to eventually look like!
I agree, she is beautiful. Credit for this girl goes to youridreezen, who posted it earlier. Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom