Australorps breed Thread

Quote: Great tips Ron! love it when the wise ones answer my questions before I ask
old.gif

chicki soup or anyone else that wants to give me some helpful input,
thumbsup.gif

These are the ingredients in canine Orijen 6 fish formula:
Fresh boneless salmon*, salmon meal, herring meal, fresh boneless herring*, fresh boneless walleye*, russet potato, sweet potato, peas, salmon oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), fresh boneless lake whitefish*, sun-cured alfalfa, fresh boneless flounder*, fresh boneless northern pike*, pea fiber, organic kelp, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, blueberries, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium*
* DELIVERED FRESH, preservative-free and never frozen.

Do you see anything bad in there just for a chicken treat?
yippiechickie.gif
Please let me know. Thank you so much!!!

BTW: My doggies should not have salt (pulmonary edema) so this is one of the few kibble formulas without it I believe.
All my best,
~Dee~

chicki soup or anyone else that wants to give me some helpful input,
thumbsup.gif

These are the ingredients in canine Orijen 6 fish formula:
Fresh boneless salmon*, salmon meal, herring meal, fresh boneless herring*, fresh boneless walleye*, russet potato, sweet potato, peas, salmon oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), fresh boneless lake whitefish*, sun-cured alfalfa, fresh boneless flounder*, fresh boneless northern pike*, pea fiber, organic kelp, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, blueberries, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium*
* DELIVERED FRESH, preservative-free and never frozen.

Do you see anything bad in there just for a chicken treat?
yippiechickie.gif
Please let me know. Thank you so much!!!

BTW: My doggies should not have salt (pulmonary edema) so this is one of the few kibble formulas without it I believe.
All my best,
~Dee~
Hi Dee,
I am not nearly as wise as others on here so accept my humble, somewhat educated opinion, and I say it looks good to me. All things in moderation of course. one thing I have learned (from speaking with an expert after making a newbe booboo) is that you do need to be careful not to overdo the protein with laying hens because you can throw the protein/calcium balance out of whack which will cause you laying/shell problems. Not hard to correct as long as you are aware what happened (which I wasn't). This is mostly for future reference since you are dealing with a non-laying broody.

BTW~that's some amazing kibble! That must be loaded with good omegas!

Last edited:
She's a hatchery Australorp. How much does it usually cost to worm? Will my sex links need layer pellet at 16 weeks though?
Here's the information I got off a thread that Dawg posted on, and he's the best when it comes to worming information.

Safeguard liquid for goats. (it's a bit pricey, but lasts me a long time) This kills almost every type worm.
3cc or ml (same thing) per gallon of water, for 5 days. Do not offer any plain water, just the water with the wormer. Do NOT eat the eggs while worming, and for 15 days after last day of worming. I use a dose syringe for kids to measure it with. I worm all of my flock at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom