Australorps breed Thread

We got our first egg!! Ok so actually I think it might be our third egg as hubby tells me now that there were a couple others down near the compost on the weekend, but our little (who am I kidding, our huge) Australorp Pepper has started laying! She just needs to work out now to do it in the nest box rather than the compost sigh. It's the same size as our other eggs (silkie x and faverolles), though darker, which considering these are her first little pullet eggs means we should be getting some decent sized ones for a change when she gets a bit older.

congrats....you can keep them in a little longer...she is more likely to lay in the nest box...

Last edited:
Anybody on this thread want my BBS Aussie eggs? I have a dozen and a half for the price of a dozen, $50 with shipping included. A BYC Buyer fell thru. I guess I will have to start taking deposits in the future. Call me and I will try to get them out today or tomorrow, thanks.
Kurt 304-258-9468

Last edited:
Ugh, Kurt.

My wallet has grown cobwebs and moths when it comes to acquiring new poultry. You mustn't tease. I would love them, can't afford them right now though.

-Kate

I would take them in a second Kurt but my incubator restoration project just keeps taking more and more parts by mail order and it is not ready yet.
idunno.gif

Hello my name is Zach from northeast Iowa and I am looking for Austrolorp Roosters for my brother's 4-h project. They don't have to be perfect just clean and healthy. Anyone able to help?

Just as a heads up Zach, I was posting just the same as you recently looking for some birds and was warned you cannot post a "want" add on here unless directly under the want add section. I personally think it is ridiculous as every question on this forum is a want for information but none the less I was warned. I was told you can ask questions about a persons operations and birds but that acquisition details need to happen on the aforementioned forum or by PM. I am by no means the police and don't want to be plus think the "rule" is contradictory and stupid but wanted to give you a heads up.

Just as a heads up Zach, I was posting just the same as you recently looking for some birds and was warned you cannot post a "want" add on here unless directly under the want add section. I personally think it is ridiculous as every question on this forum is a want for information but none the less I was warned. I was told you can ask questions about a persons operations and birds but that acquisition details need to happen on the aforementioned forum or by PM. I am by no means the police and don't want to be plus think the "rule" is contradictory and stupid but wanted to give you a heads up.
I am aware and have also posted my 1 allowed classified in the buy, sell, trade tab for this help as well as here.

I am aware and have also posted my 1 allowed classified in the buy, sell, trade tab for this help as well as here.

@MrsBrooke who lives in Texas recently had some posted. I did not check to see if they are all gone yet as I am only inside for a short bit and trying to get caught up on emails but at least worth a check as that was a link given to me a few weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom