Australorps breed Thread

I have a 4'X8' Coop and run that I will be moving the Australorp chicks into as soon as I can.

How long do you believe I should wait before I move them out there? I was thinking between 4 and 5 weeks old.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
So much depends...the weather and or the ambient temperature where you live, will it be covered, will it have a heat source for chilly days and nights?

I'm assuming you will be dispatching these chickens very early in life?

# 1 Son

FYI...I'm using my dad's pc while he is in dispose.

Well I live In east TN I have a place to set a heat lamp. (Been using a CHE for heat) the coop is built with a roof but the run is uncovered. I could attach a tarp over it to make it covered if needed.

Well I live In east TN I have a place to set a heat lamp. (Been using a CHE for heat) the coop is built with a roof but the run is uncovered. I could attach a tarp over it to make it covered if needed.

Whats the weather like in Tenn now ? Days ? Nights ?
you use CHE -Ceramic Heat Emitters ?​

Most people take them out of the brooder when they are fully feathered
i WOULD definitely cover the run...little chicks are good hawk bait
Be careful with a heat lamp - leading cause of fires in Coops

Oh the coop has a wire top on it. I thought you ment for weather protection.

Yes ceramic heat emitter. They are really cool less wattage required for the same heat and no obnoxious light at night. It just screws into the fixture like a regular bulb too so no extra hassle.

Right now. But this time of year it's just up and down really and I was not thinking about setting them out until early next month at the earliest.

I got them a day old one the 1st. So the are around 13 days old today.

Oops I forgot the screen shot of the temps.
2a12a766bd587225039ad8da7c1fbd89.jpg

Oh the coop has a wire top on it. I thought you ment for weather protection.

Yes ceramic heat emitter. They are really cool less wattage required for the same heat and no obnoxious light at night. It just screws into the fixture like a regular bulb too so no extra hassle.

Right now. But this time of year it's just up and down really and I was not thinking about setting them out until early next month at the earliest.
it should be okay then it is pretty warm there now ..
In New York it is 30 -40-50 day and 25 -35 at night.
You think your weather is up and down look at ours

Back
Top Bottom