Australorps breed Thread

Oh the coop has a wire top on it. I thought you ment for weather protection.

Yes ceramic heat emitter. They are really cool less wattage required for the same heat and no obnoxious light at night. It just screws into the fixture like a regular bulb too so no extra hassle.

Right now. But this time of year it's just up and down really and I was not thinking about setting them out until early next month at the earliest.
it should be okay then it is pretty warm there now ..
In New York it is 30 -40-50 day and 25 -35 at night.
You think your weather is up and down look at ours
Quote:
Oh NO.....Please tell him I asked about him & Hope he is on the mend

We have 46 Australorps and they are the sweetest chickens. I can reach right under them in the nest box and they will never peck me. They may complain loudly, but these girls are great chickens to have around a family. We've not had a single mean one. They also lay every day--all different shades of beautiful brown eggs--large ones--and we often find double yolks. They are happy, healthy birds.

Bad Idea. It could take generations of breeding to bring out the desirable traits you are wanting with this cross.
Hmm crossing BJerseyGiants with BA does have some risks - I mean a 12 pound bird with skinny little legs would not be a happy bird for very long. Most of the other combinations seem like they would be good even fewer eggs is not a deal breaker for most people so really the only attribute to cull out would be the skinny legged ones and yes those would pop up for 3-4 generations as a negative but ooo think of all that hybrid genetic power. Plus behaviorally I already noticed how the Langshans are "outside birds" and they don't really like to go inside the large pen with the the others and the BJG and BA already like to travel together inside the pen as if they recognize a kinship

Last edited:
Yes ceramic heat emitter. They are really cool less wattage required for the same heat and no obnoxious light at night. It just screws into the fixture like a regular bulb too so no extra

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Just be aware they can't be used in a regular plastic light fitting. It has to be a ceramic one otherwise they can melt and catch fire.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom