Australorps breed Thread

I have some of stan's chicks and they are awesome.
thumbsup.gif

I have pics posted on the Florida thread.

Last edited:
I have some of stan's chicks and they are awesome.
thumbsup.gif

I have pics posted on the Florida thread.

very impressive birds ! next time you take some pics, can you post some over here for us? it would be a real help for people to see what they are striving for.. Im going to get back into it next year..its getting too late in the year and Im still running bator..trying to make decisions on what direction I want to go right now..we keep a low number so making that decision later this year..i might be looking for some eggs next spring.

i remember them..super nice birds! i liked the top middle, second row middle and there was one on the left side...boy i hope your selling hatching eggs in the future..great stuff..i knew bruce had great reputation for aussies..but i hadnt seen many of them..only at his web site long time ago...were just trying to make decisions which breeds we will be focusing on..have great rooster but so far never found the right hens for him, well we did, but one ignores him, and the other looks super nice, she often gets little spots in eggs, so its never just that simple..

there is a story told about back in the heyday of australorps when they were setting world records for egg laying no artificial light...somone from usa that had money bought up all of those birds and brought them to us..some were in calif, some in mass....so everytime i see these i cant help but wonder if that is in their ancestry..

Thanks aveca. I think the ones you liked are all the same roo. I took a lot of pics and I know I got more than one of the same roo. They don't hold still unless they are laying down and you can't see what they look like body wise.

Back
Top Bottom