Australorps breed Thread

They are from Sherman pullets and a Superior Farms rooster. I don't have the rooster any longer, he was just too noisy! I hope to breed one of his sons back to the hens and his 1/2 sisters this fall. I got a couple of blues from this breeding and may set up to try for more. There are some Sherman birds in North Carolina, that's where mine came from. I may have to give the Aussies up because I have so much room taken up by the Barred Rocks. Hate to do that, but a move may be involved too. ........stan

They are from Sherman pullets and a Superior Farms rooster. I don't have the rooster any longer, he was just too noisy! I hope to breed one of his sons back to the hens and his 1/2 sisters this fall. I got a couple of blues from this breeding and may set up to try for more. There are some Sherman birds in North Carolina, that's where mine came from. I may have to give the Aussies up because I have so much room taken up by the Barred Rocks. Hate to do that, but a move may be involved too. ........stan
Stan, I hope to take quite a few of those Aussies off of your hands soon. I have been stuck at home waiting for craigslist people to come get my other chickens and ducks. If the people would only show up, I would have lots of room for them.

Cindy

oh do i know how they dont hold still..that one said he wants to come up to my house

lau.gif
Oh Bye the way 3 of them will be for sale as soon as I decide which one I'll keep. I got them from tigercreek aka stan.

Last edited:
I took some pictures today. This one is my Hen Kinra:

This is Sienna and Kinra. The golden comet is Ying

They are Hatchery Hens from Cackle and are a year and two months old. They are Great hens
clap.gif

gosh im sorry i dont know him...but hes probably one of those hidden treasures that has fantastic birds but stays busy and quiet..if you find him and his birds hope you can post some pics for us..there is a guy near slatington pa jack t. he has quite a stable of winning poultry , but hes so busy that hes hard to get ahold of..and he isnt on the internet much if at all..he had some outstanding australorps..won all over southeast with them..great birds.i hope you can track him down..love to know more about him..the australorp rooster I have line is from mass origionally , lot of aussie breeders are humble bumbles..they just quietly keep them going ..like to know more about them if you find him.

Last edited:
Hi, We are in Boise Idaho and are considering getting some australops. Where did you find yours?

if you are looking for some show stock, you can go to some APA shows in your surrounding area and meet some breeders..
they might be able to get you started..they sell off extras there in sale barns..once in a great while you will see quality hatching eggs like hupp farm..but it is rare in this breed compared to other breeds to see really good hatching eggs come up..

if you just want some very dependable back yard egg layers , some hatcheris offer chicks..i actually keep some cackle and mcmurray hens and show - hatchery cross hens as well as some show aussie because my husband would have a fit breeding season when im collecting hatching eggs if i didnt make eating eggs as well..i have one hen from cackles that really isnt bad at all..she did very well at some smaller shows we took her to, shes an excellent egg layer good quality eggs...we showed her eggs and they won blue....i did try to cross the show rooster with hatchery hens..but the 2 best hens didnt work out, one had spots in eggs, the other wanted nothing whatsoever to do with that rooster, shame because she has a lot of good things going on...somone posted on another thread a study from a prominent university, hens that do not like a certian rooster can eject his sperm..interesting they said in some cases we tend to blame the rooster and in fact she is being selective in her choice , her choice may not be our choice..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom