Automatic doors

k9chickenlady

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
I’m thinking about an automatic door, what does everyone recommend? I live in Michigan and there are a lot of trees (and clouds) so a light sensor may not be very accurate.

what Do you think about the chickengard?

thank you for your opinions!

I’m thinking about an automatic door, what does everyone recommend? I live in Michigan and there are a lot of trees (and clouds) so a light sensor may not be very accurate.

what Do you think about the chickengard?

thank you for your opinions!
I use that exact one! It’s amazing! All the chickens learned to go in the coop before sun down and then the door closes when no sunlight is detected so no foxes or raccoons can get in! You could also have it on a timer though.

I have 2 Chickenguards & would definitely buy the brand again. I love that it's adjustable in so many ways - I can even adjust the light sensor on it (they call it lux, I think). My sensor is in the shade & under an overhang & I have no issues with it not working right & I haven't had to adjust the lux at all.

I live in CT & it can get pretty cold here, never an issue. The batteries also last just under a year for me.

We renovated our chicken coop and had the contractor install the ChickenGuard automatic door. We are very happy with it and the hens had no issues adjusting to their new door. Contractor said very easy installation and setup.

Attachments

• Iep1IYGxS7Kk92zP4DnB+Q.jpg
    Iep1IYGxS7Kk92zP4DnB+Q.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 11
  • x34bJX4VSx68aGXnMAbX1g.jpg
    x34bJX4VSx68aGXnMAbX1g.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Y1jk21RVQ+yLa6RzqvuOEQ.jpg
    Y1jk21RVQ+yLa6RzqvuOEQ.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom