Automatic feeder!

Thank you for posting this! I just bid on one. This could really solve multiple problems with the chickens and rain and pests... pests include the sheep, for whom chicken food is like crack. My son has to walk through the pasture to get to the chicken coop and they harass him mercilessly and try to get into the coop when he feeds the chickens. We also struggle with rat problems in the chicken coop from time to time. We don't store food in there, but just having it laying out during the day is enough to cause a problem. And it rains here a lot. We tried feeding the chickens inside the coop, but the rats got really bad when we did that.

This is perfect!! I have been using the nipple waterers in addition to regular waterers and they work marvelously, but these trigger feeders will help even more and save me time/money. Thank you thank you!!

Quote:
I think the guy on the video has it on cinder blocks with a wire grate across the top so that the trigger can fit through it.

Ok, I have been staring at the video all night... what the heck is the lever thingy inside the bucket?? Picture anyone? Please :0)

Many Blessings,
Cassie

Is it me or is the roo not smart enough to make it work. Looks like all the girls do the work. Wait, we always do are the work, never mind.
idunno.gif

Interesting. So you drill a certain size hole in the bottom of the bucket and put that in and that's it? Really simple-the less parts, the less chance (hopefully) that it will fail.

Back
Top Bottom