Automatic water

stump69

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Put a new water in with chicken nipples they don't seem to use it still have old water tank in coop do I need to take it out

I would probably take out the old one. If they always have access to the old one then they won't be force to learn how to use the nipple system.

I've never liked nipple systems, I just don't think my birds are getting enough water, and it's an unnatural way for them to drink. After trying many automatic water systems, I've decided the Biddie Drinker ($10) a pressure reducing valve ($6.99) and some 1/4" tubing $3.99 for 50' at Lowes or Home Depot , and a Female hose to 1/4" adapter ($3.00) and its hooked up to a faucet and provides fresh water 24/7! I don't have to do anything!! The only thing I didn't like was that the drinker needed to be raised up to keep feet gunk out so I used. 2 1/2 gallon bucket I had laying around and shoved the drinker I upside down and put the handle on the bottom of the bucket, drilled two 3" holes and it's now a covered and raised drinker.

Last edited:
I've never liked nipple systems, I just don't think my birds are getting enough water, and it's an unnatural way for them to drink. After trying many automatic water systems, I've decided the Biddie Drinker ($10) a pressure reducing valve ($6.99) and some 1/4" tubing $3.99 for 50' at Lowes or Home Depot , and a Female hose to 1/4" adapter ($3.00) and its hooked up to a faucet and provides fresh water 24/7! I don't have to do anything!! The only thing I didn't like was that the drinker needed to be raised up to keep feet gunk out so I used. 2 1/2 gallon bucket I had laying around and shoved the drinker I upside down and put the handle on the bottom of the bucket, drilled two 3" holes and it's now a covered and raised drinker.

That's a pretty creative drinker!

Back
Top Bottom