Autumn

Elflady

Chirping
Apr 30, 2019
Arkansas
She 58, love in Arkansas. This is my first time raising chickens. So far it is exciting and great. But if a nervous chicken mom. Still check them several tiny a day. Making sure their clean an happy. They love when I give them mealworms. Is that any thing else I can feed them to help them grow. Should I start thtm on grower seed instead of starter.

Should stay on starter feed for first 8 weeks then switch to grower feed. Need to have chick grit and switch to poultry grit at 8 weeks as well. Limit treats to 10% of daily diet or less so don’t dilute the nutrition at this age and treats can be greens or dried mealworms. Mostly need feed as a complete nutrition and best for growth. :):welcome

Egg Basket.jpg

Good feeding advice above!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
If you have young chicks, less than 2 weeks old, you should not be feeding them anything but chick starter crumbles. After 2 weeks you can give them a small dish of chick grit (secure it somehow or they will tip it over) and then they can have a small amount of dried mealworms. If you give them too many dried mealworms, it can cause issues for small chicks.

Back
Top Bottom