Ayam Cemani leakage?

Barb Root Hinkkanen

Songster
6 Years
Aug 19, 2017
Mississippi Gulf Coast
I hatched two Ayam Cemani eggs. One went back to my neighbor who gave me the eggs and lost his rooster. “Caesar” is now about 5 months old. He is beautiful, quite skittish, but, friendly.

His feathers show a dark teal/green in the sunlight, and, as he’s growing, I see a bit of red/very dark burgundy, almost black, in his comb. I don’t plan on breeding him. Does this mean he is not pure bred?

How big do they get? He’s already bigger than his daddy.

My mixed flock is all shapes, colors, and, sizes: from bantam Cochins to Sven, my Swedish Isbar rooster, who at six months old huge already.

I am thinking I should separate them into smaller and larger. My two Cochin roosters are little doll babies and not at all assertive. I am not sure where Mr. Cemani should reside. He seems to be the alpha since my little Silkie died. Apparently size is not a factor in my coop.

I am wondering if my Cochins would be safe with him. They will have a large coop, covered run, and will free range most days.

Thank for any help! 🐓🐔

His feathers show a dark teal/green in the sunlight, and, as he’s growing, I see a bit of red/very dark burgundy, almost black, in his comb. I don’t plan on breeding him. Does this mean he is not pure bred?
No, that sounds normal. Cemanis often do have issues with other colours leaking through; this doesn't mean their genetics are mixed.

I am wondering if my Cochins would be safe with him. They will have a large coop, covered run, and will free range most days.
This depends on the bird. I personally don't have any issues mixing LF and bantams.

I hatched two Ayam Cemani eggs. One went back to my neighbor who gave me the eggs and lost his rooster. “Caesar” is now about 5 months old. He is beautiful, quite skittish, but, friendly.

How big do they get? He’s already bigger than his daddy.

My mixed flock is all shapes, colors, and, sizes: from bantam Cochins to Sven, my Swedish Isbar rooster, who at six months old huge already.

I am thinking I should separate them into smaller and larger. My two Cochin roosters are little doll babies and not at all assertive. I am not sure where Mr. Cemani should reside. He seems to be the alpha since my little Silkie died. Apparently size is not a factor in my coop.

Thank for any help! 🐓🐔
we need pics :)

Back
Top Bottom