Raising Ayam Cemani Chicks Under a Broody Barnevelder

Pastel the Rooster

Free Ranging
Apr 22, 2022
Southern Georgia
I hatched out some Ayam Cemani chicks today! @Yard Farmer and some other people asked me to make a thread on raising them. They are still hatching, and two are some of my own barnyard mix eggs.

I’m not home right now, so I’m not sure if any more have hatched, but before I left, two had hatched. One Cemani and one Bolt egg (chick would be an EE X BR-Black Australorp)

I have three Cemani eggs and two Bolt eggs. All have pipped (two have hatched) I just am waiting for the three others to hatch.

My broody hen had a bad experience hatching her own eggs last year, so I’ve not given her eggs to hatch. Last fall I did give her TSC chicks though, and she did amazing. I am hoping that when I put the chicks under her, she will take to them.

Her three TSC pullets are the sweetest things. Much sweeter than the ones I’ve hand raised (besides Bolt.) I am hoping that her raising the Ayam Cemani and Bolt chicks will make them trust humans and be just as friendly as my TSC chicks.

Fingers crossed for healthy chicks, and for two Cemani hens and one roo.

That's so great! I have you have good hatch rates, and you get the lucky trio you're hoping for!

Very excited to see pictures. Good luck introducing your chicks to the mother hen.

Back
Top Bottom