I’m sorry. Was the first chick that made it a hen? Cockerels are still awesome, but are you allowed to have Roos where you live?

Hopefully you can hatch out more one day. If all of these are Roos or all hens, then I will probably buy some from a hatchery, even though they are very expensive.
The first chick turned out to be a cockerel as well. It had went back to the breeder as she also had a lonely chick.

Im not allowed to have roosters or cockerels. I mean if they didnt crow nobody would know. And you can hear a rooster from outside of town crow multiple times a day.

I will definitely hatch more one day!

One of my Bolt eggs (EE x Black Australorp- Barred Rock is what the chick will be) has pipped.
IMG_3443.jpeg

AND ONE OF THE AYAM CEMANI EGGS JUST PIPPED TOO!
IMG_3447.jpeg

One of my Bolt eggs (EE x Black Australorp- Barred Rock is what the chick will be) has pipped.
View attachment 3799613
AND ONE OF THE AYAM CEMANI EGGS JUST PIPPED TOO! View attachment 3799614
The other Bolt egg pipped, and two Ayam Cemani eggs pipped! I am just waiting on one more Cemani to pip! Wish him/her luck!

Also with me luck to only get one Cemani roo and two hens. Or if only two hatch, one pullet and one cockerel.

The other Bolt egg pipped, and two Ayam Cemani eggs pipped! I am just waiting on one more Cemani to pip! Wish him/her luck!

Also with me luck to only get one Cemani roo and two hens. Or if only two hatch, one pullet and one cockerel.
I lost power. Luckily it’s back on now, but it scared me. I hope the eggs are okay.
Fingers crossed on four healthy chicks in the morning, and one more pip!

I lost power. Luckily it’s back on now, but it scared me. I hope the eggs are okay.
Fingers crossed on four healthy chicks in the morning, and one more pip!
I JUST woke up- it’s 5 AM, so I am planning on going back to bed. Every time I’ve woken up in the middle of the night tonight, I’ve gone and checked on the eggs- about three times.

My last Cemani egg pipped! No chicks, but one of the Cemani’s is working really hard! She is the furthest along, but she was the fourth egg to pip.

Hopefully in a few hours we’ll have four or five healthy babies! (Only four because I’m guessing this last Cemani egg just pipped, so she will need to rest. But hopefully later she will hatch)

All five of them hatched 🥰 one Bolt is blueish with a beard. The other is a darker blue- I think she has a beard too.

All three Cemani’s are tiny!

I’m hoping to introduce them to Willow (broody) in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom