[b]"EGG TRAIN"[b]add me & my info. ongoing list

Good to see more new members.

I know over the next few months that if enough people get involved we can make a difference and be able to help move more eggs and birds safely.

I don't go many places. I have a son I drop off and pick up from school every day and so week days are tight for me. This is the same problem a lot of people have, but it doesn't mean we still can't help when possible.

Lately my furthest traveling is between Modesto and Dixon, where my husband is buried. I just don't get out much. I do go to the Bay Area, but not as much as I used to.

I think since most people keep from ordering hatching eggs when the weather is too hot, that summer shipments are the time we'll need the most help, but there are some of us crazy people that are actually hatching eggs now. The problem with eggs freezing in transit is also a big problem.

The perfect senerio would be people who are already traveling and going to areas where members can either meet up for their shipments or where they can be passed along to someone going closer to the final destination.

I think we need more truckers on board.

The destination threads should be helpful for anyone looking for help or offering transport during each month. One thing to remember is that often someone will put their destination on the thread, but not think to come back and check to see if someone might need them. Remember that you can also pm a member to see if they are available. We started out with several coordinators, but we really need so many more. It helps to have people who know their state or even another state in order to coordinate a route. I lived in the Bay Area most of my life. Moved to the Central Valley just 2 years ago. This is a BIG state and I have no idea where most places are without a map. A good map. I've found that cities I thought were one direction are actually in the opposite direction. Who Knew???

For someone who would like to help, but does not travel or cannot travel, they could always join and help coordinate.

We need lots of numbers, but I did only start this in the summer and did have to take some time off from it. I also know I can't do this on my own, so the more help the better. I never really started this to do it all. It was an idea I had and I think it has worked well so far. Someone else however may be better to get it moving and keep it going. I have no problem with a few people getting together to help do this. Who knows. I may just sit back and watch. LOL

While it's cold outside and I'm in here anyway, I figure right now might be the best time to make it grow and be ready for this spring when we might all benefit from having a way to keep our birds and eggs safe.

BYC is a huge family and growing every day. It's nice when family helps family.

BTW.........The Egg Train does not have to be just the United States. Coordinators would definately be neccessary, but all counties are able to join. We do have at least one member inthe U.K. We could go global! weeeeeeeee

I am in Missouri, 20 miles north of Columbia, and travel the state quite frequently
smile.png

Also I have a trip I am planning in the next 1 to 3 weeks which will take me through Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma ... most travel will be on the I-70 / I-15 corridor and I-44 / I-40 corridor. I am not under any sort of time pressure so can detour slightly. Any donations to help me with my gas costs would be appreciated, I have been without a regular paycheck since May so things are very tight (aren't they for everyone?)
smile.png

Last edited:
Add me. Live in Reno but travel to San Francisco Bay Area (via Sacramento) a few times a year and to Fort Bragg, CA a couple of times a year. Also heading to Oregon this spring (hoping to pick up some eggs/chicks from Pips and Peeps while there) though not sure exactly when yet. Don't like to list my exact travel times on public forums so contact me through pms if you have a need.
smile.png

OK, I've been watching this for a while.....where are all the chicken people in Illinois??? Sign me up! I'm just north of Bloomington and surrounded by major interstates - literally. I-39 is almost out my back door, I-55 is 15 miles east, I-74 30 miles south, I-80 30 miles north. I do travel to Chicago occasionally and Springfield as well. During the summer we head to northern Missouri for camping and also go towards Des Moines.
Right now I'm looking for a ride for a flock of chickens starting in Pennsylania and heading to Illinois.....anybody able to help???? I need to try to set this up in the next few days if possible. PM me if you can possibly move them closer!

Kat

I am in the Bay Area, California as well. Live in Fairfield. Travel to Roseville every weekday. That is close to Auburn/Grass Valley. I go through Vacaville, Dixon, Davis, Sacramento, to get to Roseville, and I also have relatives and friends all around the Bay, so I can get to Concord/Walnut Creek, Danville, San Ramon, Oakland, San Francisco, The Peninsula, the 880 corridor, etc. So almost anywhere in the Bay Area isn't a problem. One of the reasons I moved to Fairfield was it was centrally located.

I will be taking a trip to Disneyland (Anaheim/Los Angeles) leaving February 12 and returning February 15th. However I am taking the plane. Handing hatching eggs to the baggage handlers would be worse or the same as the USPS. I am not certain if I can take eggs with me in the cabin and keep in mind they go though the xray machine. Just a thought. Not sure if it is a good one. They may think they are mini egg bombs or something..... (Just kidding of course). But my point is if someone does know for sure I can take some down to LA or bring some back.

Back
Top Bottom