Baby chick cries until we pick her up

socalchickens76

Chirping
Oct 13, 2020
We have four one week old baby chicks. One of them cries frequently to get picked up. At first I thought there might be an issue, but all of her needs are met. The other chicks don't cry like that. As soon as we pick her up, she stops. She loves to be held and will fall asleep on you. Clearly, she views us as her mama/safe haven.

Is this going to create a long term problem for us?? I mean, I think it's so adorable that she cries for us and feels safe in our hands. But, it's too much sometimes and get annoying...especially at 6:30AM!

We have four one week old baby chicks. One of them cries frequently to get picked up. At first I thought there might be an issue, but all of her needs are met. The other chicks don't cry like that. As soon as we pick her up, she stops. She loves to be held and will fall asleep on you. Clearly, she views us as her mama/safe haven.

Is this going to create a long term problem for us?? I mean, I think it's so adorable that she cries for us and feels safe in our hands. But, it's too much sometimes and get annoying...especially at 6:30AM!
I had a little chick just like that. I finally invested in a ceramic heat bulb. It was cheaper than a brooder plate. I use it and turn off the lights at night. They are all quiet and I sleep till I want to turn the light on.

Back
Top Bottom