Baby chick fell from hole in wall that son stuffed her in! Help!

MysticUniKitty

Crowing
Mar 2, 2019
North Texas,Collin County
So my son wanted his chick to go on an adventure and opened a hole in the wall and stuffed her in. Unfortunately there was nothing to break her fall on the other side. ☹️ I cleaned her off of drywall after breaking a larger hole, i tried looking her over and I didn't see anything noticeable and but her back with other chicks. I observed her and notced other chicks being aggressive with her so i took her out and she fell asleep in my hand against my chest. I let her sleep for 5 minutes and then I woke her to see how she was doing. She sorung up and seemed to have recovered. I just checked on her and she seems a bit wobbly and not her sassy self. I'm waiting on call back from vet since it's after hours. And wanted to see if there was anyone on here that knew what a broken wing would look like? Would being wobbly after this ordeal be normal? Should i be concerned about head trauma? I know not a vet page but worth a shot....

And we've moved chicks so they can't go on adventures anymore....

So my son wanted his chick to go on an adventure and opened a hole in the wall and stuffed her in. Unfortunately there was nothing to break her fall on the other side. ☹️ I cleaned her off of drywall after breaking a larger hole, i tried looking her over and I didn't see anything noticeable and but her back with other chicks. I observed her and notced other chicks being aggressive with her so i took her out and she fell asleep in my hand against my chest. I let her sleep for 5 minutes and then I woke her to see how she was doing. She sorung up and seemed to have recovered. I just checked on her and she seems a bit wobbly and not her sassy self. I'm waiting on call back from vet since it's after hours. And wanted to see if there was anyone on here that knew what a broken wing would look like? Would being wobbly after this ordeal be normal? Should i be concerned about head trauma? I know not a vet page but worth a shot....

And we've moved chicks so they can't go on adventures anymore....
How old is the chick? I would put the chick in a warm dry place with food and water and let her be. If there is head trauma it needs rest. I would check to see if it poops and has interest in food and water. Sometimes they come out of this and sometimes the shock doesn't do well for them. I dropped a quail once and he was wobbly for a few hours and then recovered once he had some time to himself. Hope this helps. Also I would keep the chick away from the others if they pick on it. At least until recovery.

Keep an eye on it and have a talk with your kid on how to treat animals. Explain they are not toys and need to be treated with care. Also only allow him to handle the chicks under your watch. Sorry if I'm coming across as blunt but that could have not ended well.

Keep an eye on it and have a talk with your kid on how to treat animals. Explain they are not toys and need to be treated with care. Also only allow him to handle the chicks under your watch. Sorry if I'm coming across as blunt but that could have not ended well.
No it's ok i was pretty rough on him and told him that baby chicks can NOT go on adventures as they could die and we talked about new rules.

How old is the chick? I would put the chick in a warm dry place with food and water and let her be. If there is head trauma it needs rest. I would check to see if it poops and has interest in food and water. Sometimes they come out of this and sometimes the shock doesn't do well for them. I dropped a quail once and he was wobbly for a few hours and then recovered once he had some time to himself. Hope this helps. Also I would keep the chick away from the others if they pick on it. At least until recovery.
She's maybe 6 days old, I've been sitting with her most of the afternoon and looks like she's going to pull through!

Thanks everyone! I put her in a small washcloth in my arms while she rested to keeps kids and other animals away and got her food and water... poop was normal so yay! Her and my fav chick are laying beside eachother now sleeping . So i think we got lucky! Chicks have been moved to new location so i can be near them while doing house stuff ☺️

Back
Top Bottom