Baby Chick Gone Missing

loverofhatching

Songster
8 Years
Jun 16, 2014
Lahore, Pakistan
Hi,

I have a bad news. One of my chicks went missing today. She was the second one to hatch. I cant say what got her for sure. My chicks free range with their mother and other hens all day in backyard with trees and bushes and junk to protect from sky predators. But there are also land predators i.e., cats. Up till now i thought that mother hen was enough of protect them from both land and sky predators. But now i have locked them up until backyard is made cat proof.

I am missing her so badly i want to cry. she had a lovely personality. I am very upset and sad. May she rest in piece.

A few hours after hatch

Shell of egg from which she hatched

First outing with mother and older sibling

10 days old with all siblings enjoying spinach

Last photo of her with family eating wheat

Rest In Peace
O Little One!!!!!!!

I am so sorry if she is lost and can not be found. My chickens seem to wonder a lot.

Maybe she was curios and tried to explore. I would try to look in places chickens would seem interesting or near a garden. (if you have one). Good Luck and I hope you find her. If she is deceased, Rest in Peace little one.

Thanks a lot for your concern.

I tried to find her on the evening she went missing. but no sign or distress calling (which baby chicks call when they are left alone from mama and siblings). with cats wandering in the backyard, there was no hope left even on that day. she is definitely deceased. i want to thank God that i did not have to see her half eaten. there was no sign of her on the property.

Rest In Peace Little One.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom