baby chick hatching i do not have an incubator

momsiska2

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2015
I can see the baby trying to get out, it seems to be under distress, it has gotten quieter. and not peeping,
the membrane has not ruptured. it has been trying to hatch out for over 20 hours. I don't what to do?
Mom is not keeping it warm, i do not have an incubator!

I can see the baby trying to get out, it seems to be under distress, it has gotten quieter. and not peeping,
the membrane has not ruptured.  it has been trying to hatch out for over 20 hours.  I don't what to do?
Mom is not keeping it warm, i do not have an incubator!

Position a low wattage light bulb over a container that you are going to put the egg in. Using a thermometer find the location in the container where the temperature reading is very close to 100 degrees F, Try to keep the air surrounding the container moist. You want to keep the humidity up. Good luck.

Thank you, I'm going to get a thermometer right now,,
How do I keep the humidity up?

welcome-byc.gif

I hope your egg hatches ok. I've never done any incubating myself but from reading things here on BYC, I would try using a damp sponge to keep the humidity up. Maybe some other greeter will come along that is more experienced with hatching and can offer more help.

There is a forum here that could help you out:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Good luck and thanks for joining us.

I had to peel the outer shell almost completely off. I get the egg moist by holding it close to boiling water, and wrapped in a moist paper towel.. I worked on the shell tiny bits at a time. Finally I got all the top part off, and went to bed about 11:30, at 1:30 my son woke me up, to a healthy fully developed baby!!
She is already eating and drinking:)

I had to peel the outer shell almost completely off. I get the egg moist by holding it close to boiling water, and wrapped in a moist paper towel.. I worked on the shell tiny bits at a time. Finally I got all the top part off, and went to bed about 11:30, at 1:30 my son woke me up, to a healthy fully developed baby!!

Yeah, that's great! Sorry that I did not get back to you earlier.

Congrats on the new chick!
jumpy.gif

Congratulations - you are a great problem solver. You should be greeting new members like we do. So glad for the happy ending. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom