Baby chick looks like it's choking?!

Mine is gasping and the chirps don't sound right. I have them on shavings, like I have for all my other chicks the lady 2 years, and this is the first time this has happened. I gave them chick grit too. What's wrong? The other one in there is fine. I know this is an old thread but please hurry! I'm scared

Mine is gasping and the chirps don't sound right. I have them on shavings, like I have for all my other chicks the lady 2 years, and this is the first time this has happened. I gave them chick grit too. What's wrong? The other one in there is fine. I know this is an old thread but please hurry! I'm scared
Can you post a video of it?

-Kathy

My chicks used to do that too. It looks like they are kind of gaging. I was told maybe something was just stuck in the mouth/throat, they did it off and on, but never had any other problems with it. I dont see them do it now and they are 8 weeks old. Only one of the silkies "pants" outside alot, but they are all fine. Eat, drink, poop, eat, drink,poop...lol
Got one that is doing that since a baby and I through she was not going to last but still alive 8 weeks later. I did gave her vitamins recently to see if she perk up some.

Back
Top Bottom