Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Oh my goodness what is happening? I am allowed to have 4 hens no roosters. I started with 9, lost 1, gained 1, lost 1, gained 2, then gained 2 more. Now i have 12 birds and 2 are roosters. How is it that these birds keep multiplying?!?!?!

Oh my goodness what is happening? I am allowed to have 4 hens no roosters. I started with 9, lost 1, gained 1, lost 1, gained 2, then gained 2 more. Now i have 12 birds and 2 are roosters. How is it that these birds keep multiplying?!?!?!

Chicken math strikes again!!
lau.gif

I started out with two little gals in the backyard ... now have 5 bantams, 2 x bantam chicks and 5 eggs due to hatch tomorrow!!

Chicken math is insidious and complex higher mathematics. The way it was explained to me was that if you have 10 hens to lay eggs but only 5 are actually laying then you really only have 5 hens and need to get 5 more so that you will have 10 that are laying eggs. There there is the tendency of human beings that are around poultry to go broody...yes, people can go broody too...and then you have to get little chicks to deal with being broody.

We started out with 5 laying hens to provide eggs just for the two of us. We now have 62 chickens, ducks and geese and have ordered an incubator to help cope with the times I go broody...yes, it is me, I am the bird addict.

lau.gif
I apologize that we all seem to find your plight highly amusing, in the best way. It's simply that we've all been there
gig.gif
And the even funnier thing is that you have found not just the best chicken information site on the internet you've found the lurking place chocked FULL of the best chicken enablers on the planet!!!!! You might as well give into it now, move to the country and raise chickens cause you've caught the bug!

I only wanted 10! I caught the bug and I now spend all of my time and money on the fluffy butts. Probably hatched 50 just this year and I haven't even really started breeding yet
hu.gif
woot.gif

I didn't really want any chickens when we first got ours, my sweetie talked me into it.

Now, I can't get enough of them. We started with 17, a year later we have 38 and I want more. We specifically got a few breeds of chicks this time that are known to go broody so we can watch them hatch babies when the time comes. Lol!

I told my wife i was thinking about selling my bird feeders because i'd rather spoil my chickens than feed wild birds. It's getting bad. As of now i have 3 Turken, 3 Show Girls, 3 Barnyard Mixes, 1 Sizzle, 1 Salmon Faverolle, and 1 Brahma. I went to the breeder yesterday to buy a Brahma to replace my Showgirl that got trampled. While i was there i noticed he had 2 Showgirls and a cool Lavender color Barnyard Mix. So i got 1 Showgirl and 1 Barnyard. The next day i feel guilty about only getting one of the two Showgirls so i went back and got the other Showgirl and he threw in the young Brahma for free.

Chicken math is insidious and complex higher mathematics. The way it was explained to me was that if you have 10 hens to lay eggs but only 5 are actually laying then you really only have 5 hens and need to get 5 more so that you will have 10 that are laying eggs. There there is the tendency of human beings that are around poultry to go broody...yes, people can go broody too...and then you have to get little chicks to deal with being broody.

We started out with 5 laying hens to provide eggs just for the two of us. We now have 62 chickens, ducks and geese and have ordered an incubator to help cope with the times I go broody...yes, it is me, I am the bird addict.
I started when my hubby bought me 3 Cochin bantam's (1roo and 2hens) for mother's day this year. Now I have 6 cochin's and 1 what was suppose to be a ameraucana to only find out she is a ee. I went and bought a incubator but am thinking my girls will just do it for me. As I have had no luck. Out of about 60 eggs and 4trys only one little one. But we are having a show coming up. And I get to go. Yea :) so we will see what I come home with. Looks like I'm a addict

Back
Top Bottom