Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Oh my gosh, my girls are only a month old and I am already wishing I had a rooster so we could have more babies in the spring. I think I better start right now building a bigger coop, why fight it, right?
Resistance if futile. Chicken math is and insidious and cunning creature that will crawl into your life and you will never be the same again. You will be better for it though.

Oh my gosh, my girls are only a month old and I am already wishing I had a rooster so we could have more babies in the spring. I think I better start right now building a bigger coop, why fight it, right?

That's what I always say, no point in fighting it. We built another coop to accommodate more chickens, so now we have three (how did that happen?).

Our newest flock of 27 is just a little over 7 weeks old and I want more chicks. I love all of our chickens, but the baby chicks are just so cute!
love.gif

a lady gave me back this roo after a year. he was jumping on the grandkids. I am not afraid of chickens so when he tried to jump me I caught him and took him home. I hatched him from an egg. with 2 sisters they came out frizzle, he didn't.

his mom is this cochin hen she is smooth. below is a sister.

the pic below is him as a baby with one of the sisters.

and his babies. the lady who gave him back gave me some of his babies too because I had given away the sisters

Last edited:
My chickies from Ideal Poultry are a week old today. The last chick is a standard cochin i got from a friend that turned a week old Monday.

Bantam Partridge cochin

Buff? Silkie

Blue splash silkie

Black silkie

Black mottled bantam cochin

Self blue bantam cochin. Thinking this one is a little roo.

Partridge Silkie

Standard partridge cochin. Think this one may be a roo as well.

My chickies from Ideal Poultry are a week old today. The last chick is a standard cochin i got from a friend that turned a week old Monday.

Bantam Partridge cochin

Buff? Silkie

Blue splash silkie

Black silkie

Black mottled bantam cochin

Self blue bantam cochin. Thinking this one is a little roo.

Partridge Silkie

Standard partridge cochin. Think this one may be a roo as well.
Cute chicks! I like the 2nd to last ones posture!!!
love.gif

@jaymeellis06 great pics of your chicks!

Here's my girls at 3 weeks old now. The black copper marans are losing their white bellies and getting tall. The Easter Eggers feet are starting to turn a little green.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom