Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

My first chicks I let hatch! Very excited. I can see one and hoping for more.

0.jpg

0.jpg

The first hatchling from the 4 eggs that are being taken good care of over at Royal Acres Farm. Their silkie Dahlia is doing a great job hatching my Easter Eggers. Thanks Dahlia! :)

The first pic is Winston my silver birchen pekin roo (10wks) next is his sister Betsie a gold birchen pekin, the 3rd pic is Millie my millefleur pekin (12wks?) and the last one is Elsie a Buff/Lemon Cuckoo (not sure of her colouring) pekin and she is 8wks, I love them to bits
Th

New babies we just got today! I let my four-year-old name then, so most of them are named after Sesame Street muppets.

Oscar, Fayoumi:

Zoe, Leghorn

Elmo, an unexpected mystery chick that I didn't order (hatchery thinks she got sorted into the wrong box during packing). Anybody got a guess as to what she is?

Chloe, Buttercup:

Grover/Houdini (story below), Fayoumi

Abby, Buttercup:

Today Grover got out of the brooder. I heard a lot of LOUD peeping all of a sudden and went to check on the babies, and found Grover running around the garage floor. She probably got through a gap between the brooder drawer and the doors where the wire is cut out to allow the doors to close, so i pulled the drawer as close to the doors as possible so nobody else could fall. 40 inches is a lot when you're only three inches tall! But she seemed to suffer no trauma from her adventure, apart from the indignity of being covered in cobwebs, and was doing well all day.

jmdarrow, I am not minding seeing your hubs at all.

Silkies are very difficult to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they lay or crow. Males generally have bigger, gosh awfully looking wide tumors of a comb.
sickbyc.gif
Females tend to have slender, combs much less barfy looking. If you could pull their crests back ( with hair clip etc.) and take photos of the combs - maybe we could help ID the genders.

Since I have been hitting my head against the wall with bumble foot in our hen, I thought I would post some pictures of our turkey hen with her babies...At least there is ONE bright spot in this hell we are having to deal with!

Back
Top Bottom