Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Well, our very first chicks have arrived! They were exhausted and all fell asleep once we got them in the brooder haha
Unfortunately we did lose one...within thirty minutes of picking them up from the feed store :(
Somehow the dog squeezed his way back in the house when no one was looking and snatched one right out of my hand. I honestly cannot remember ever acting that frantic. Totally caught me by surprise. :(
But we are loving our little ones!

Our 36 chicks.

Swedish Flower Hens

F2 and F3 Olive eggers

F2 and F3 Olive eggers

Few more Swedish flower hens (yes these are different, we have 7 total.)

Barnevelder

Welsummer

Breeder was not sure, thinking maybe swedish flower hen?? I sure hope so!

White Ameraucana

Wheaten Ameraucana

Mille Fleur Leghorn

Gold Laced Brahma

French Black Copper Maran

Last edited:
We're brand new backyard chicken owners and are still completing our coop. We made a light box (got the idea from right here on BYC!) to take some photos. My daughter is in a 4-H photography group, so it was a perfect project for us to record the cuteness of our new babies.

This is Cuddles, a Barred Rock

This is Marshmallow, an Amerucauna

This is Curry, a Rhode Island Red

Curry & Ginger, the R.I.R.'s

Marshmallow & Olive

Pumpernickel & Mrs. Pepperpot, Australorps

Cuddles & Captain Cuddles, Barred Rocks

Last edited:
OMGoodness I want one! What breed are they?

I know what bread they are. They are non bearded polish chickens. The white one looks like a white polish and the mixed color one looks like a golden laced polish. I have a non bearded buff laced polish and she is the cutest, funniest and most energized chicken EVER. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.

Back
Top Bottom