Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

I just showed her that they are "mine" and she understood. She really loves to lick their butts
sickbyc.gif

Well it does depend on the breed too. Minpins are killers. Our youngest is actually a "working" dog here at the farm. She loves killing rats, etc. That's what the breed was made for. I'd kind of be afraid the dog would pass germs onto the chicks, licking them or get something herself. But that's just me.
wink.png

I adore the EE chicks! They look egyptian. I want some but already have 3 rir and 6 silkie chicks that are 2 weeks old. 9 rir are due to hatch saturday and 17 rir due to hatch 3 days later. I planned to sell rir chicks but dh wants to keep all to sell eggs! I'm gonna sell some and negotiate for the others that I want:)

Here are our babies. They came from TS so I doubt they are what they said they are. lol
This one is my fave, and with my luck will turn out to be a roo that I won't be able to keep.

Any guesses on breeds? Throw me your guesses and I'll tell you what they "said" they were. lol
There are two breeds, a few days apart in age.

Well it does depend on the breed too. Minpins are killers. Our youngest is actually a "working" dog here at the farm. She loves killing rats, etc. That's what the breed was made for. I'd kind of be afraid the dog would pass germs onto the chicks, licking them or get something herself. But that's just me.
wink.png
I have a yellow lab and I totally understand!! She is our hunter of all things rodent. AND when we first got chickens, she def killed one :( She now understands she's not allowed to kill them. I posted a picture on the last page of our baby buff orpingtons and Lux watching them. She has to be supervised, and she just sits there licking her chops! Once they are bigger she tends to just watch them very close. But that's what happens I guess with bird dogs. She's such a lover to everyone else (donkey, goats, us) but man does she ever want a baby chick.

My new chicks! We have 2 rhode island reds and 2 barred rocks (1 week old) and 2 gold laced wyandottes (1 day old!)

Back
Top Bottom