Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

These are 3 of the 4 baby chicks I'm raising now (well, actually an adoptive mama Silkie hen is raising them for me)

Blue Copper Marans, Australorp and Brown Leghorn

Here are my 4 baby chicks peeping out from underneath their foster mama, our Silkie hen. The 4 chicks are a Brown Leghorn, a Blue Copper Marans, a Barred Rock and an Australorp. I kept them in a brooder for about a week and then decided to try introducing them to our hen, who as far as I know has never even laid an egg. But she loves other hens' eggs and will set on them whenever she gets a chance. So I thought she'd probably enjoy mothering some chicks. And sure enough, she LOVES them and is taking such good care of them. The BCM and the BR are already 2-plus weeks old, so they aren't tiny little things anymore. And the Silkie hen is tiny. But she manages to gather all 4 of them up under her, and they're such happy little peeping babies now that they have a mama :)

Here are my 4 baby chicks peeping out from underneath their foster mama, our Silkie hen. The 4 chicks are a Brown Leghorn, a Blue Copper Marans, a Barred Rock and an Australorp. I kept them in a brooder for about a week and then decided to try introducing them to our hen, who as far as I know has never even laid an egg. But she loves other hens' eggs and will set on them whenever she gets a chance. So I thought she'd probably enjoy mothering some chicks. And sure enough, she LOVES them and is taking such good care of them. The BCM and the BR are already 2-plus weeks old, so they aren't tiny little things anymore. And the Silkie hen is tiny. But she manages to gather all 4 of them up under her, and they're such happy little peeping babies now that they have a mama :)

Awe!!!! That's adorable!!! :love

So cute!

Here are our chick that we got yesterday! From left to right Marilyn (White Rock), Carmen (Buff Orpington), Betty (Australorp), and Raquel (Barred Rock)! They couldn't be sweeter! These are our first chicks, so happy! My 3 year old daughter is slightly obsessed with them ;)

I hatched out the grey chick he is one week older, my friend just gave me 2 delawares boy and girl, 2 black copper marans boy and girl, 1 white maran girl, 1girl isbar and 1 peach colored silky unknown sex.

Back
Top Bottom