Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

My splash silkie hen, Riley Roo (don't ask!) hatched her second set of babies this week! Out of the first batch of 5 eggs, 2 hatched. This time she laid 7 (at least I think she laid them all but I'm not positive because she has been caught rolling my other silkie hens' eggs into her nest...lol !!!) out of which 5 hatched, so we're making some head way!

My splash silkie hen, Riley Roo (don't ask!) hatched her second set of babies this week! Out of the first batch of 5 eggs, 2 hatched. This time she laid 7 (at least I think she laid them all but I'm not positive because she has been caught rolling my other silkie hens' eggs into her nest...lol !!!) out of which 5 hatched, so we're making some head way!

So cute!

Haha, Riley Roo?
JUST KIDDING!! Cute chickas!!

Omg! Do you have a crowing silkie hen too! I had one, but my dad said she was misfortune, so we sold her, she was an amazing mom and we regret it because she was seperated from about 12 young several week old chicks by a fence. She went crazy, so we let her over. Then she became their adoptive mom and fit 12 babies under her every night! Fully feathered ones!

Last edited:
That must have been one big silkie to fit a dozen fully feathered chicks under her...lol !!!
yes.. she was quite big, but not big enough lol. Some of them were piled ontop of one anouther and she even started playing chick by trying to huddle under them,
here is the other one we bought wither her. We still have this one.

yay! The black chick turnwd out to be a big faf helathy black split instead of another mutt! Lol. I think it is male, I can see his tiny pea comb completely. Its raised a little. The lavendar looks like a hen, having only 1 eaised row. Not sure on the ee, nothing is there but flat.

This incubator baby was born exactly one day before my broody's clutch started hatching. I snuck it under her during the hatch, and as you can see, she accepted it no problem. It got to enjoy some exclusive mommy time as the rest of the chicks were busy hatching.

Back
Top Bottom