Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

New babies hatched yesterday. This is our 1st hatch and 1st use of an incubator (my daughter's new hobby) These are our eggs, Barred rock roo over Red Star hens. We like the productivity of the RS but worry about the XL and Jumbo sized eggs--seems like too much for such a small chicken. We want to see if maybe a cross would give us good layers but healthier chickens (the RS also were the only ones to get bumble foot this winter--all 3 of them). We are calling them Rock Stars! They are way cuter today than yesterday!!

8 of 9 eggs hatched and we have 4 black with a little yellow/white on the back and 4 yellow. Was wondering if somehow we got a sex link (pretty sure we would have needed the hens to be the barred rock)...but suspicious that we got 2 very distinct types.

Our newest baby, and our first Polish baby! It still excites us the same after almost 6yrs of non-stop hatching(s)!

10932234_859134560815589_270600960_n.jpg

Can anyone help me with leading me to the best hens for setting and hatching the little ones. I do incubate as well but I would like to do both. I heard that Bantam Hens are really good at hatching.

Can anyone help me with leading me to the best hens for setting and hatching the little ones. I do incubate as well but I would like to do both. I heard that Bantam Hens are really good at hatching.
Yeah, bantam hens are good!!!!

I only really have Barnyard Mixes...and they are the best mothering breed i have ever had!!! I would recomend them...but thats my way...others might be different!

Back
Top Bottom