Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Here is my baby silkie, Pancake. She just hatched today under her blue silkie mommy, Caroline. She is the first chick I have ever hatched, so I'm excited!

You can sort of see her head next to the egg.

My three week old Ayam Cemanis

Chickenwolf, I plan to! They are imperfect as they have one white toe on each foot, but they are my previous ones. I have them currently on my chest, cuddling me :3

White toes

I separated these buff orpington eggs and their broody mom to the rabbit hutch since one of the five eggs went missing on Thursday. I had two moms sitting on the eggs and all of the other hens would come lay eggs in the same nest. I suspect that six legs make for accidents, and the egg was probably damaged and eaten. I looked for over twenty five minutes but couldn't locate egg #5.

Chickenwolf, I plan to! They are imperfect as they have one white toe on each foot, but they are my previous ones. I have them currently on my chest, cuddling me :3

White toes
I wonder if they darken like some of mine (brown reds, lemon blues). They're born with white toenails that gradually darken to black. Or are you stuck with the white toenails.

I wonder if they darken like some of mine (brown reds, lemon blues). They're born with white toenails that gradually darken to black. Or are you stuck with the white toenails. 

Not sure yet, they're only three weeks so it's hard to tell. Though from what I've seen? Most ACs have black toes through and through as chicks. I'm okay with their little mutation, but if I want to breed and sell them, would anyone want them..

Not sure yet, they're only three weeks so it's hard to tell. Though from what I've seen? Most ACs have black toes through and through as chicks. I'm okay with their little mutation, but if I want to breed and sell them, would anyone want them..
Don't know, but I suspect a fair number of those sold have some type of imperfection to them. The ones that don't would obviously bring top dollar. I've seen pairs go for $800, and I would bet some go for more.

Back
Top Bottom