Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Looks like it's time for either a top or higher walls for my brooder. Chicks are 4.5 weeks old, living in a big ol' watermelon box. Pulled into the garage this afternoon to this sight. The tightrope walker is Moe - the biggest of our 9, and the obvious dominant bird.

i was under the impression easter egger isnt a pure breed? but a mix that take after some sort of Americana? i coud be wrong? this is what the breeder said where i bought my chicks..
you are correct Easter Eggers are a mix breed (mutt) If you see Ameraucana's spelled with a "I" they are ee's. Most hatcheries sell Ameraucana's but they are really ee's. Ameraucana's are a breed that you can breed 2of different colors and get ee's. The offspring would no longer be Ameraucana's dispite both mom and dad were full blooded Ameraucana. This has caused alot of misleading. And caused alot of people knowing and unknown miss repentance of Ameraucana. Buy you are correct on Easter Eggers (ee) are a mix

you are correct Easter Eggers are a mix breed (mutt) If you see Ameraucana's spelled with a "I" they are ee's. Most hatcheries sell Ameraucana's but they are really ee's. Ameraucana's are a breed that you can breed 2of different colors and get ee's. The offspring would no longer be Ameraucana's dispite both mom and dad were full blooded Ameraucana. This has caused alot of misleading. And caused alot of people knowing and unknown miss repentance of Ameraucana. Buy you are correct on Easter Eggers (ee) are a mix

thank you for the clarification! i love those cheeks! lol i was sold a chicks as an "amercauna" turns out hes a mutt. :(

Can anyone tell me what kind or chick this is

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom