Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Thank you. I always wondered about her. I keep getting surprises from my flock. They all came to me as unknown breed mixes so I keep getting all these different looks to the offspring. She was my only one that looks like that and I really loved her look.

Here are my newest additions. Im trying to hatch quail babies and it has been hard to do. They are so small and delicate plus many of the eggs are not fertile. I have five baby quail in with two bantam chicks.

I'm so in love with my chicks!!

It's my first time hatching chicks under a broody hen and it was a big success! All 5 olive egger (BCM x Isbar) eggs hatched and right on time. I'm still deciding on names but have come up with some but it might change. Onyx, Shylo, Izzy, Calypso and Buster. They appear to have survived their first night and I'll be moving them to another area where they'll have a little more room to move around.

It's my first time hatching chicks under a broody hen and it was a big success! All 5 olive egger (BCM x Isbar) eggs hatched and right on time. I'm still deciding on names but have come up with some but it might change. Onyx, Shylo, Izzy, Calypso and Buster. They appear to have survived their first night and I'll be moving them to another area where they'll have a little more room to move around.

Darling! So regarding names...sometimes I give them a name right off the bat but mostly I wait something happens that causes a name to stick to them. I had one chick look like a little mouse so I named her Micky as in Micky-Mouse. Today I call her Mic-Mic. Another looked like a chipmunk so I named her Chippy. She grew into the name Chippy-Chipster as she was such a card. The Chipster used to jump on my back when I ventured into the yard as if to say: "this human is mine, pay attention y'all!"

Back
Top Bottom