Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Thanks exotica! My thoughts on Seramas exactly...they're so small, you can have two for one! Unfortunately I think all four of those chicks ended up being roosters
1f625.png

My Polish are known for their huge crests...even the roosters have huge flowing hair. I'll get a pic of one of the chicks today. She's three weeks old, and looks like a mushroom
1f602.png

I got my first paint pair from a show breeder. They weren't cheap, but now I'm over run and they're what really got my chick selling business going...everybody loves a good paint Silkie!

The semi-awkward teenager stage! Yours are gracefully growing out though! Mine are super awkward and patchy looking! :lau

Aww!! I love pictures of mama hens with their babies! Such fluffy little ones and a gorgeous mama!

How cute of you to name Pinky after a BYC member!! I wish I could hatch my own eggs.. but then I'll never stop adding chickens to my flock.
It must be so exciting to candle the eggs and hear the first pip! Such a cute baby! What breed is it?
I've always wanted a Gold Laced Wyandotte! And I also have an Australorp around this stage.. It's weird to think she's going to lose all her white feathers
but I'm excited for the greenish/purple-ish black sheen!
LOOK AT THOSE BUTTS. AND THAT FLUFF!! I seriously just squealed out loud.. Must.. resist.. urge.. to.. snuggle!!!
What are they? They are so cute! And look how tame! I wish I could hatch my own eggs ):
Are they much tamer when you do so?!
I want Olive Eggers and B. Orpingtons so bad!! I can't find anyone around here that has them.. and I can't justify buying 12 chickens since I'm already in over my head..
Sigh, I guess I'll just admire them from afar! Is that a Buff Orpington chick? That has to be the FLUFFIEST day old chick I've ever seen. Seriously!
Congrats!! Did the other 3 hatch?! So dang cute! What are they?!
Oh my gosh.. THEY ARE STINKING CUTE! And oh so tiny! Why did you have to post this.. now Serama's are added to me "I definitely need these" list!
As if I didn't have enough already!! What's a few more going to hurt.. right? Plus... Serama's are tiny.. so two of them count as one chicken anyways.. right?
Chicken math, at it's best! Haha
I don't even know where to begin! Your post just got me more and more excited as I scrolled down! First, LOOK AT THOSE SKY HIGH VAULTED SKULLS! Man, they are going to have gorgeous crests!! And cochins!! Another breed I really, really want! You know you're dedicated when it's winter and you have them in a metal tub in your home! To be honest, my chicks are kept in a corner of my room haha.. Their peeping relaxes me in a totally un-weird way! So cute to see mama Silkie adopt chicks and have them cuddled on her!! Also super jealous of your paint! I should've done my Silkie research but I bought two Silkies from a "breeder" that promised me they were paint.. only to have them come out as Partridge. I love them regardless but I still want Paint Silkies! Yours are all so fluffy!!
Beautiful splash roo!!! He is just dreamy! Do you have any pictures of her eggs? Sounds gorgeous!
Aww! What a cute little fella! Wish I could have roosters here ): Looking at pictures will suffice!
Congrats on the hatch!! They are cute little buggers! Super fluffy with such cute big feet!! What are they?!
the cochin x EE's egg
my EE's EGG
my bantam Cochin's egg and lastly all 3 in comparison

Here's my huge haired Polish baby. She's three weeks old, and a deffinate keeper. I'm hoping to show her, she has great form, and is from one of my SQ pairs.

Her mama, Madam Poofy Brow

daddy Monsieur Poofy Brow

Back of huge haired Mademoiselle

Side view

Here we go! Front view of massive 'mushroom' hair

Another front view. She's in dinosaur age, so her belly's not feathered yet. The bald spot in pic one is from her heavy hair pulling away from the middle of her head because it's too weighty. It's not as obvious in the pic
ep.gif
The dog house in the back ground is for a turkey
lau.gif

Think she (Mademoiselle Poofy Brow) would do good in show? I know she's a bit young, but her grandparents have been showed and did well, and her hair is awesome!

Thanks exotica! My thoughts on Seramas exactly...they're so small, you can have two for one! Unfortunately I think all four of those chicks ended up being roosters
1f625.png

My Polish are known for their huge crests...even the roosters have huge flowing hair. I'll get a pic of one of the chicks today. She's three weeks old, and looks like a mushroom
1f602.png

I got my first paint pair from a show breeder. They weren't cheap, but now I'm over run and they're what really got my chick selling business going...everybody loves a good paint Silkie!
Chicken logic! There was a Serama show down here but I missed it, unfortunately
hit.gif

Being from Southern California and the Los Angeles suburbs to boot makes my poultry selection quite limited unless I order large amounts via mail!
Breaks my heart since there are so many breeds that I still want... but what can you do?
Serema roosters are gorgeous though! I youtubed their crowing and oh my... my heart completely melted and it only solidified the fact that I want one so bad!
They sound like little squeaky toys! Haha!!
I would love to see pictures! Man, you are lucky! They are GORGEOUS! I'm a sucker for a huge crest!
YES! The coveted Paint Silkie!! What I'd do to get one!
Some breeder lied to me (before I was chicken saavy) and told me my Partridge baby chicks would be Paint.. She did so, so I can buy more of them..
Some people are just mean!
Pinky is NHR as best as I can tell. I have the NHR hen & roo then partridge cochin hen & buckeye hen.
Aww what a cute little mix! I'd love to see how Pinky turns out to look! If you don't mind updating us :)

the cochin x EE's egg my EE's EGGmy bantam Cochin's egg and lastly all 3 in comparison
droolin.gif
ep.gif
BEAUTIFULLY COLORED EGGS!!!!!!!!! I'm in love with the first two!
Here's my huge haired Polish baby. She's three weeks old, and a deffinate keeper. I'm hoping to show her, she has great form, and is from one of my SQ pairs.

Her mama, Madam Poofy Brow

daddy Monsieur Poofy Brow

Back of huge haired Mademoiselle

Side view

Here we go! Front view of massive 'mushroom' hair

Another front view. She's in dinosaur age, so her belly's not feathered yet. The bald spot in pic one is from her heavy hair pulling away from the middle of her head because it's too weighty. It's not as obvious in the pic
ep.gif
The dog house in the back ground is for a turkey
lau.gif

Think she (Mademoiselle Poofy Brow) would do good in show? I know she's a bit young, but her grandparents have been showed and did well, and her hair is awesome!
She is SO beautiful! Her crest is ah-maze-balls!! Her mother is also very, very pretty!
I'm not experienced enough to comment on showing her, but if I were a judge I'd give her a great score!
wink.png

2 of the 3 hatched. Both with quite the story to tell.

The short answer is barnyard mixes.
The long answer is black ones come from silver laced polish hen and one of 3 roos (ee/silkie, Japanese bantam/silkie, or Buff silkie); the rest are from my two ee/white silkie hens and one of the aforementioned roos.

Back
Top Bottom