Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Absolutely. He has a lame crow though. Do you know if he will get better? I almost wanna keep the aloof one just because his crow is perfect.

He might just be submissive cause of the other roosters, once they are gone he should start crowing louder. But he also might not be quite as nice either when he is head honcho.

Look what came today!

I was sure they were going to be out of the cuckoo maran but they had that one. They were out of Black Star and subbed two Red Star instead. A bit of a bummer, because the black are so prettier to me, but I'm happy. I also got two random free straight run Wellsummers, which are lovely.
Anyhow, a pile of super loud chicks. (they are in my dining room for now... delightful)
So cute
love.gif

This little trouble maker keeps trying to pull the shell off its hatch mate
Such a cute little troublemaker though
jumpy.gif
love.gif

This is the first chick I hatched. The pics not the best but it's got the cutest puffy cheeks! Very friendly, when I put my hand into the bin it steps up onto it as if to say 'Up elevator! I wish to see the world!'

Feathers are coming in white with black spots and legs are starting to turn dark.

Last edited:

The top picture is my Black Croad Langshans, About 3 week age difference. Bottom Cuckoo Marans. Hoping for Cream Legbars, Russian Orloffs, and Black Copper Marans to hatch next month. Maybe more pictures soon!!!! fingers crossed.

One of my new ones is trying to die.
Oddly not the one I thought would. I spilled a ton of water and almost drowned one. This morning that same one had a crusty butt and I had to soak it in warm water, clean it, then cup it near the light till it felt warmish... But that's not the one laying on it's side like it's giving up the ghost. The one trying to die was totally fine a few hours ago, now all the sudden she just gave up.
Guess this happens. Who knows, she might be racing around like a little dinosaur again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom